Our recipe features a ketogenic version of spring rolls. These lettuce wraps are refreshing and light – a perfect combination for a quick lunch that can be eaten at your office desk.
Chicken, bacon, and cheese are a delicious combination that makes a great filling for lettuce wraps.
Soft and juicy breast with crispy and chewy bacon create a great love chemistry, accompanied by fresh lettuce leaves later sprinkled with lemon juice to cover the fatty taste of meat and cheese.
We recommend using homemade mayonnaise to avoid added sugars and inflammatory oils. You can also look for a store-bought brand that uses vinegar instead of sugar and coconut or avocado oil instead of canola or soybean oil.
Bacon is a processed meat. Therefore, we recommend picking out a high-quality brand to avoid inflammatory ingredients. Go with an organic brand that is free from added sugars, antibiotics, hormones, and nitrates. Your chicken should also be organic and free from antibiotics.
Despite being low in calories, this easy recipe is an excellent source of protein to fill you up and keep you satisfied until your next meal!
Let’s Do It!
Combine the ingredients for filling in a bowl with seasoning and mix well.
Add the mixture to the center of the iceberg lettuce leaf and top with some shredded Gouda cheese. Wrap it around and secure it with a toothpick if you don’t eat immediately.
Repeat the process until all the lettuce leaves are used. Serve.
Other ideas you can try:
- Use sour cream instead of homemade mayonnaise
- Add one avocado slice in each wrap
- Use Romaine lettuce instead of iceberg lettuce
- Use ham instead of bacon
- Add scrambled/fried egg
- Add a small cucumber slice in each wrap
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Keto Shrimp Avocado Ceviche Lettuce Wraps
- Spicy Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken and Cheese Lettuce Wraps
Keto Chicken and Bacon Lettuce Wraps
- In a bowl, mix together shredded chicken breast, diced tomatoes, crushed bacon and homemade mayo. Season with black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Take one iceberg leaf and load it with the mixture. Add some Gouda cheese on top and wrap. You may need to secure the wrap with a toothpick. You can also sprinkle some lemon juice on top of the fillings (optional).
- Continue the procedure with other iceberg leaves and serve.