A skilled dish always involves a process. It includes an assembly of meat, vegetables, fruit, spices, flavors, and tastes. It is a combination of cooking, too.
A skilled chef knows what and how to combine. Our Cilantro Avocado Chicken Wraps will make you feel like a skilled chef even if you’re new to the kitchen!
The ingredients provide a combination of vitamins and nutrients. Romaine lettuce contains vitamin C, vitamin K, beta-carotene, fiber, folic acid, and potassium. It’s also a great low-carb option for all of your favourite sandwiches.
Garlic contains antimicrobial and immune-boosting properties (1). It’s also high in vitamins B1, B6 and C, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, copper, and selenium, which acts as an antioxidant in the body to reduce inflammation.
Cilantro contains vitamins A and K, riboflavin, folate, and fiber while avocado has vitamin E, potassium, fiber, niacin, and carotenoids.
Additionally, the healthy fats found in avocados help you absorb the antioxidant carotenoids from avocado as well as other carotenoid-containing foods in this dish (2).
Chicken is an excellent source of protein, which has been shown to help support lean muscle mass (3). Protein also helps keep you full so that you eat fewer calories. You can cook chicken in many ways.
Chicken is considered a complete protein, meaning that it contains all essential amino acids. We recommend going with an organic brand of chicken that is free from antibiotics.
Ingredients such as lemon, dried oregano, paprika, olive oil and chilli powder contain several different antioxidant properties that may help reduce free radical damage and fight diseases (4).
Assembling these wraps is almost as fun as eating them. Drizzle some sour cream on top for a finishing touch. It makes for a beautiful display while also contributing healthy fats and over 20 vitamins and minerals to the nutritional profile of the dish.
Let’s Do It!
Chop chicken into pieces and add to a bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, oregano, chilli powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the chicken until it’s coated in all the spices and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a stovetop pan and fry the chicken pieces until golden brown.
Peel and slice the avocado.
Assemble the wraps by laying the lettuce pieces down and adding chicken pieces on top. Add slices of avocado and drizzle with sour cream.
More low-carb wraps you can make:
- Chicken and Bacon Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken and Cheese Lettuce Wraps
- Spicy Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Shrimp Avocado Ceviche Lettuce Wraps
Keto Cilantro Avocado Chicken Wraps
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 10 oz chicken breast cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp oregano dry
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado sliced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- Place chicken pieces into a bowl. Pour in half of the olive oil. Add lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, oregano, paprika, and chilli powder. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and let chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan. Add marinated chicken pieces and cook for 7-10 minutes or until golden.
- Peel and slice avocado.
- Take lettuce leaves and load them with chicken pieces. Put some avocado slices on top. Drizzle with sour cream. Sprinkle with some more chopped cilantro and black pepper, and enjoy!