Chicken meat can be used to make many delicious keto dishes. Today we will be making tandoori chicken with cauliflower rice.
The main ingredient is chicken legs with skin on, a favorite part of the chicken for the many people. It consists of the drumsticks and the thighs.
The marinade is very important, which includes fat yogurt, fresh ginger, and many spices as mentioned below.
Normally this dish is served with bread or rice, we used cauliflower rice for this low carb version.
Feel free to experiment with different seasonings and sauces to serve the dish with.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Making the spice-infused oil: In a small pan over medium heat, add olive oil in then add all the spices. Heat it up so they release an amazing smell. Remove from heat and let cool.
Pour the spiced oil into a mixing bowl. Add yogurt, garlic, ginger, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
Make a few cuts on each chicken leg. Do not cut through.
Soak chicken in the marinade. Refrigerate for 6 hours so the meat can absorb all the amazing flavors.
Place a rack on a baking tray and brush the rack with olive oil. Transfer the chicken to the rack and broil for 5 minutes on each side then set the oven to 350 F and continue baking for 25 minutes until cooked.
Serve with a low carb salad or cauliflower rice. You can learn how to make cauliflower using this recipe here!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Tandoori Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- 2 whole chicken legs (about 600g)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt full-fat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander ground
- 1/4 tsp cardamom ground
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cup cauliflower rice cooked
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add cumin, turmeric, coriander, cardamom, cayenne pepper, paprika and pinch of nutmeg. Heat the spices through, set aside and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt with spiced oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic salt and pepper.
- Make 3-4 deep slashes on each leg, and coat them in spiced yogurt. Cover and chill for 6 hours.
- Place a rack on a baking tray and brush the rack with olive oil. Transfer the chicken to the rack and broil for 5 minutes on each side.
- Set the oven to 350 F and continue cooking for 25 minutes or until done.
- Serve with cauliflower rice.