This classy Keto Bacon Burger Wellington is an incredible upgrade for your next hamburger.
It’s so delicious, filling and looks amazing that would impress your family and friends.
Regular burger or beef wellington consists of pastry. To make it keto-friendly, the dough is made of mozzarella, cream cheese, and almond flour.
This dish is full of tasty fat and protein and will keep you full. For the fillings, I used burger patty, cheddar cheese, and bacon as the main ingredients. You can also use fillet steak, too.
How to Make Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Wellington
Preheat the oven to 425 F.
Prepare the pastry dough: combine almond flour, mozzarella, and cream cheese. Melt the mixture in the microwave and mix well. Set aside.
Prepare the cheeseburger: Divide burger patty into 2 equal parts. You can also use ground beef and form the patty by hand. Place 4 strips of bacon on a cutting board crossing each.
Place 1 patty on top of the bacon slice then add cheddar cheese then top with the other patty. Wrap the bacon around the beef patty.
In a frying pan over a medium heat, add olive oil in then fry the bacon wrapped patty for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
Place the pastry dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper on a flat surface. Use a roller to flatten the dough into pastry.
Remove the parchment paper. Spread mustard in the center of the pastry the place the cheeseburger on the mustard and wrap the burger with the pastry.
Transfer the burger wellington to a baking dish, brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake until golden (about 15-20 minutes).
Cut and serve with leafy greens or a low carb salad. This dish is very nutrition dense, so make sure to watch the calories!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Wellington
For the pastry dough:
- 1 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a bowl mix mozzarella, almond flour and cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and microwave for 1 more minute.
- Divide burger patty in half (or you can use ground beef to form 2 small patties). Place 4 strips of bacon on a cutting board crosswise, top with half of beef patty, cheddar slices, the other half of patty and then wrap the bacon around.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add bacon wrapped patty and cook for 3 minutes on each side and transfer to a plate.
- Roll the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Take the upper parchment off and spread mustard in the center of the pastry. Place the burger on the mustard and wrap the burger.
- Transfer the burger to an oven safe dish, brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Cut and serve with some leafy greens!