Who doesn’t love burgers? Normally, we try to avoid eating burgers because they contain lots of empty calories if prepared in the traditional sense.
Today, we want to offer you a new version of this fast and delicious food – Keto Burger with Avocado Bun. What’s so special about this recipe is that it includes ingredients that are not used in a regular burger.
First of all, we use avocado instead of the burger bun. Just because you can’t eat the bread doesn’t mean your low-carb burger has to be boring! Our recipe uses an avocado to hold everything together. It’s a healthier alternative to the traditional burger bun without the carbs.
Benefits of adding avocado to your daily diet are well-known. This fruit not only provides a delicate, nutty taste, but contains healthy fats. Research shows that avocado helps promote immunity and improves digestive processes and bioavailability (1).
We use prosciutto ham in our burger which gives it a touch of Italian cuisine. Another reason is because we already got enough healthy fat from the whole avocado bun, so we choose to use a leaner meat filling. You can substitute ham with bacon if you prefer.
It contains a significant amount of vitamin D and nutrients, but may contain a proportion of nitrates. So be sure you buy only high-quality prosciutto.
We choose to use a mix of homemade mayo, hot sauce, mustard and Italian seasoning as a sauce for our burger. It perfectly combines with the prosciutto and avocado.
This dish is very quick to make. Start by preparing the sauce (a mixture of mayo, mustard, hot sauce and seasonings) and cooking the egg. Slice an avocado in half and fill it with sauce, prosciutto, and egg. Fried eggs make the burger even more nutritious and filling. Top with the other half of the avocado and enjoy!
Let’s Ketofy It!
This avocado burger only takes ten minutes to make. First, prepare the sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients.
Then fry an egg. The egg should have a runny yolk inside and cooked egg white outside.
While the egg is cooking, cut the avocado in half crosswise, remove the peel and pit.
Fill the hole where the pit was with prepared sauce, and top with lettuce leaf, prosciutto stripes, tomato slice. Add fried egg and close with the other half of the avocado.
Sprinkle with some sesame seed if you want and serve immediately.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Wellington
- Bunless Mushrooms Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburger
- Bacon Egg Guacamole Bunless Burger
Keto Avocado Bun Burger
- 1 avocado
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 2 slices prosciutto or any ham
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp olive oil for frying
- In a small bowl combine homemade mayo, mustard, hot sauce and Italian seasonings.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in the pan and cook an egg. You should have the egg with a runny yolk inside and cooked egg white outside.
- Cut the avocado in half crosswise, remove the peel and pit. Cut off the narrowest part of avocado half, so it can stand on the plate.
- Fill the hole where the pit was with prepared sauce.
- Top with lettuce leaf, prosciutto stripes, tomato slice and fried egg.
- Close with the other avocado half.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optionaand enjoy!