What you want is a dessert. What you need is a low-carb dessert. Luckily, we’ve got you covered.
This Strawberry Creamy Jelly Dessert will make your tastebuds and your waistline happy. We like that it’s both low-carb and low-calorie.
A large ripe strawberry has six calories. This small amount makes strawberry a diet-worthy product. Strawberry is also a low-in-sugar fruit.
If strawberries aren’t your thing, then you can swap these out for another type of berry. Try blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, or a combination of all berries.
The nutritional benefits of yogurt, a product of fermented animal milk, share those of any milk product: calcium and protein. It also has healthy bacteria that are very good for digestion system, which helps boost your immune system.
For this dessert, you need strawberries (or another type of berry), low-sugar, full-fat yogurt, gelatin powder, hot water, erythritol and mint leaves. Be sure to go with an unsweetened brand of yogurt to keep the carbs down. The erythritol will serve as your sweetener!
To make, dissolve the gelatin powder and erythritol in hot water. Blend full-fat yogurt with strawberries until smooth and homogenous.
Combine the strawberry yogurt with gelatin water. The mixture should be divided between serving cups and transferred to the fridge. Garnish each cup with a strawberry and a mint leaf. Bon appetit!
Let’s Ketofy It!
The first thing you’ll want to do to make this recipe is to dissolve the gelatin in the hot water. Add the erythritol next.
Then you can blend the yogurt and strawberries in a high speed blender. Be sure to choose a full-fat, unsweetened yogurt. Look for a brand that comes from organic, grass-fed and pasture-raised cows to ensure that it has the most nutrients.
Next, you’ll combine the gelatin water with the strawberry yogurt and let it chill before serving.
You can garnish with sliced strawberries and mint leaf for some added eye candy.
Keto Strawberry Jelly Cups
- 1 ½ cup yogurt full fat
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 ½ tbsp Gelatin
- 1 tbsp erythritol or to taste
- ½ cup strawberries sliced + 2 strawberries (sliced, for garnish)
- 2 mint leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the hot water, gelatine powder and erythritol. Stir to dissolve and let cool slightly.
- Add full fat yogurt and strawberries to the food processor and blend until smooth and homogeneous.
- In a bowl, combine the strawberry yogurt with gelatin water.
- Divide this mixture between serving cups and transfer to the fridge for 3 hours to set.
- Top each cup with sliced strawberries, mint leaf and enjoy!