Keto Salmon with Spinach and Mushrooms
We all know that wild salmon is delicious, on top of being extremely healthy. This time we’re proposing you a recipe that combines steamed salmon with spinach and mushrooms, making it an easy-to-make, well-rounded, filling and healthy keto dinner (or lunch). Whenever possible, we advise you to choose wild salmon instead of farmed – it has more iron, calcium and potassium, and farmed salmon is often treated with antibiotics and contains different contaminants.
Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plans + Weekly Recipes
Steamed Salmon with Spinach and Mushrooms
- 500 g salmon filet
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 200 g spinach
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Pour boiling water in a pot and put the salmon filets in a steamer on top of the water. Steam for 10 minutes.
- At the same time, cook 200 g of raw spinach in ½ tbsp. butter until the spinach is tender (3 to 5 minutes)
- Slice the mushrooms and cook them in ½ tbsp. butter for approx. 5 minutes
- Pour the heavy cream in a pot, mix it with the lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Put the salmon, spinach and mushrooms in individual plates and pour the cream on top.