Keto Salmon Egg Avocado Salad
There is nothing more classical, easy and long-lasting love between salmon and avocado, both being quite fatty and juicy foods and complement each other perfectly. Naturally salty fish and nutty flavor of avocado, they are simply perfect just together.
It’s a spring and summer salad not just for ketogenic diet but anyone who wants something salty that will fill them up, but without the feeling of sweaty hot cooking.
Cucumbers are adding the taste of coolness that can only be compared to peppermint in desserts, the same feeling of sensation that prepares you to fully state the next bite.
Egg for protein and tomatoes for a splash of color. If you don’t like boiled eggs, a slightly fried unflipped egg on a pan without oil will also look cool on top of a salad, or you can make it on the same pan that you used to fry salmon.
While preparing, be careful on salt and seasonings, salmon absorb lots of oil and salt, so sometimes when cooked properly you won’t need a lot of salt in the salad.
It’s a fresh and light dish that doesn’t require specific dressing besides the most classical mix of lemon, garlic and olive oil. The key to making this meal perfect is to be gentle when mixing all the salad ingredients together to avoid breaking them apart.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Making salad dressing: In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
In the meantime, boil one egg if you don’t have one ready.
Frying Salmon: Sprinkle salt and pepper on salmon. You can use skin on or skinless salmon. It’s up to you.
Add olive oil (or butter) in a nonsticking frying pan over medium-high heat and fry the salmon on each side for 3 minutes until golden and skin gets crispy.
Transfer to a plate and pour a teaspoon of dressing over it.
Cut avocado and remove seed. Chop tomato, avocado, and cucumber into bite-size pieces. Cut red onion into small and thin slices. Slice boiled egg into 4 pieces.
Assemble salad: In a salad bowl, add lettuce, avocado, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, and egg. Spread the salad dressing on the salad and mix gently to combine.
Place the salmon on top and enjoy!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
*Credit: Recipe adapted from NatashasKitchen.com
Keto Salmon Egg Avocado Salad
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 salmon fillet (200g)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 small head romaine lettuce (150g)
- 1/2 red onion small, sliced
- 1 hard boiled egg quartered
- 1/2 cucumber small, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add to a small bowl all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Season the filet with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a non sticking frying pan and sear the salmon, skin side down. Flip after 3 minutes and cook until golden. Transfer to a plate and pour a teaspoon of dressing over it.
- Peel and pit the avocado, slice it.
- Assemble the lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, egg and red onion in a salad bowl. Add remaining dressing and mix to combine.
- Top a salad with salmon filet and enjoy!