Chicken is one of the best protein sources when it comes to keto diet. Today we are showing you how to make a very creamy and delicious stuffed chicken breast using common ingredients.
This recipe is great for dinner and lunch as well. We use boneless and skinless medium size breast (around 3 oz or 336 grams). There are so many delicious chicken recipes you can make using this cut of meat.
This dish is very easy to prepare. All you have to do is to prepare the spinach filling first, then stuff it inside the chicken breast and then fry it. We pan fry the chicken meat this time, however you can also bake it in the oven.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Primavera Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados
- Thai Chicken Stir-fry with Cashew Nuts
Pan Fried Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- 1 chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt your butter in a hot frying pan. Sauté the spinach and onion in the butter. Set the stove to medium-high heat and leave the vegetables to cook for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Mix the cream cheese in the pan. Allow dissolving for around 2 minutes. Stir to combine with the onion and spinach. Set aside.
- Slice a pocket in the chicken breast, deep enough to be filled. Rub both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Season all side, including the inside of the pocket.
- Jampack the pocket with spinach filling and some shredded cheese. Close the breast and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Gently place the chicken on the oil and cook for 7-10 minutes with the lid on. Turn the chicken over and let it fry for another 7-10 minutes. Remove from the heat once golden.
- Cut in the middle to spill the filling. Enjoy while warm.