Lemon butter chicken is a delicious dinner dish that you can prepare once a week. It’s creamy, tasty and your family will definitely love it, even if they don’t follow keto.
I used chicken thighs with skin and bone for this recipe. You can use boneless and skinless chicken thighs if you want to. You might also replace this with chicken breast.
First, I will season the meat with the basic seasoning then pan-sear the thighs skin side down approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn brown.
The next step is to add heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, and thyme. Bring it to a boil then simmer and add spinach.
Finally, cover Parmesan cheese on top and bake until it’s cooked. It’s going to smell amazing when you take it out of the oven.
You can serve this with fresh salad and some extra lemon juice. Don’t forget to check my other chicken thighs recipes for keto diet.
How to Make Low Carb Lemon Butter Chicken Thighs
Start by preheating your oven to 375°F.
In a bowl, combine minced garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. This will be your chicken seasoning.
Clean the chicken thighs and pat them dry. Rub the seasoning mix you just made all over the chicken.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the seasoned chicken and cook until all sides are golden brown.
To the skillet, add lemon juice, chicken broth, thyme, and heavy cream. Bring it to a boil, then let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the chopped spinach to the skillet. Cover with a lid and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
Transfer everything from the skillet to a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking the chicken.
Serve your delicious chicken hot, and pair it with a fresh lettuce salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Check These Delicious Chicken Recipes for Dinner:
- Chicken Breast with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Crispy Keto Fried Chicken
- Shredded Butter Chicken Legs
- Garlic Butter Chicken Bites
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Lemon Butter Chicken Thighs
- Mix the minced garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Use this spice mix to season the chicken thighs after washing and drying the meat.
- Turn the stove on medium heat. Settle a large skillet over the heat and melt the butter in. Sauté the seasoned chicken to make all of the sides golden brown.
- Pour the lemon juice, chicken broth, thyme, and heavy cream on top of the chicken. Let it boil then leave to cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Toss in the chopped spinach. Put the lid on top and cook for an additional 3 minutes before turning off the stove.
- Transfer all of the contents into a baking dish. Dust generously with Parmesan cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Remember to preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Serve while hot with a lettuce salad on the side.