If you’re missing fried rice, you’re in the right place. Today we will prepare a keto chicken fried rice dish, which is perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s delicious, nourishing, and most importantly, it’s low carb and you can enjoy it without feeling guilty.
Chicken breast is a source of protein and can be used in many dishes. In addition, there is no carbohydrate in chicken which makes it a perfect choice for this dish.
Rice contains a lot of carbohydrates, so to make the low-carb fried rice, we will use cauliflower instead.
In order to speed up the metabolism and enhance the flavors, we added ginger and garlic to the recipe.
We also added eggs to the recipe as an additional source of protein, fats, and vitamins.
By the way, you can sprinkle the prepared dish with herbs at your discretion. And of course, you can experiment with other meats and spices. Bon Appetit!
Let’s Ketofy It!
Use a food processor to process cauliflower until you get rice-sized pieces. Drain the liquid. Of course, you can buy premade cauliflower rice in a package to save time.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil in, fry bacon until it’s crispy. Chop it and set aside.
In the same pan, make scrambled eggs. Remove and set aside.
Add more olive oil in the pan and fry chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper and stir occasionally until the meat is cooked thoroughly. Remove and set aside.
In the same frying pan, add olive oil in. Add minced ginger and garlic and fry for 30 seconds until it releases an incredible smell. Add riced cauliflower in and cook with the lid on for 6-8 minutes.
If you prefer your rice to be crispy, cook on high heat without the lid on. Stir well to make sure it doesn’t get burnt.
Finally, add crispy bacon pieces, fried chicken pieces, scrambled egg, and coconut aminos in (or soy sauce if not doing strict keto). Stir to mix well.
Add more salt and pepper if needed. Top with chopped scallion and serve immediately.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until you get rice-sized pieces. Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil. Fry bacon until crispy, remove and chop into small pieces.
- Whisk eggs and in the same pan to make scrambled eggs. Remove and set aside.
- Heat one more tablespoon of olive oil and fry chicken pieces, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan, add ginger and garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add cauliflower rice, cover with a lid and cook on low for 6-8 minutes. Stir in bacon, chicken, scrumble and coconut aminos. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve immediately.