Breakfast is a perfect time to boost up your immune system with some valuable nutrients. This healthy recipe uses natural greens to shape a beautiful and picture on your plate. You can use any kind of greens you have on hand for even better taste and more nutrients.
I have chosen a combination of Swiss chard and spinach, but you can easily add some kale, collard greens, or even turnip greens. The procedure is the same.
Spinach is among the healthiest foods in the world and goes perfectly with different omelet recipes. I like to replace my regular cooking oil with extra virgin olive oil for an even healthier version of this recipe.
Olive oil is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, and if you add omega-3 enriched eggs, you’ve got yourself a truly valuable breakfast. Give it a try!
Let’s Ketofy It!
After washing the greens under cold running water, place them in a colander to drain. Chop them into bite-sized portions and reserve.
Pour oil on a large skillet set over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot enough, sauté the chopped greens in the oil for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally and adjust the flavor with a dash of salt. Take out from the heat.
In a separate skillet, melt the butter before pouring in the beaten eggs. Add the Italian seasoning, the remaining salt, and chili flakes to flavor. Leave to cook for 3-4 minutes then remove from the heat as well.
Lay the eggs on a serving plate and top with the cooked greens on one side. Fold the other side of the egg over the filling. Best served warm.
- Green Omelette with Avocado for Breakfast
- Ricotta Cheese and Parsley Omelette Rolls
- Bacon Mushroom and Cheese Omelette
Swiss chard & Spinach Omelet
- Rinse well the greens under cold running water and drain in a large colander. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil over medium-high heat. Add greens and give it a good stir. Cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with some salt and remove from the heat.
- Now melt the butter in another skillet. Beat the eggs and pour into skillet. Season with Italian seasoning, chili flakes, and the remaining salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate, add greens and fold over in half. Serve warm.