Sausages are one of those proteins that are a little difficult to pair but that everyone loves. There are so many kinds of sausages with different ingredients and ways of making that you can eat sausage all week and never have tried all kinds.
I particularly like sausages that are made with high-quality ingredients, and no fillers or ingredients that aren’t keto friendly. You can use any type of sausage such as beef, chicken or pork for this recipe.
The one being used in this recipe is a mix of beef and pork with a little cheese added to it. If you like a little bit of heat, this recipe will also be great with a spicy sausage or simply adding a little chili sauce.
You can cook it and just eat as an appetizer, a side, or make a sandwich with it, for example.
In this particular recipe, I wanted to elevate the sausage and serve it with a vegetable puree. This option is an excellent way to serve sausage as the main course for dinner and it feels really warm and comforting.
I choose cauliflower because mashed cauliflower looks the closest to the mashed potato which is one of the most comforting foods you can eat.
If you prefer a non-dairy option you can substitute the heavy cream with Almond milk or coconut cream and the cream cheese with butter. You can also use other creamy cheeses but you need to be mindful of the carb count to keep it low.
Overall this is a great dinner meal, something different, to change it up a little.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Creamy Sauteed Sausage with Green Beans
- Spinach and Sausage Egg Muffin Cup
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
[thrive_text_block color=”orange” headline=”Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plan + Weekly Recipes”] [thrive_optin color=”blue” text=”Send me!” optin=”55" size=”medium” layout=”horizontal”][/[/thrive_text_block]/p>
Pan Seared Sausage with Mashed Cauliflower
Making Mashed Cauliflower:
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer and cook for around 8 minutes.
- Move the steamed cauliflower to a blender or food processor. Blend with the heavy cream until the mixture smoothens.
- Set the stove on low heat. Transfer the cauliflower cream to a pan and place it over the stove. Stir the mixture and put in the remaining ingredients such as the nutmeg, the cream cheese, and the salt and pepper to taste. Continue mixing until thoroughly smooth. Put in a serving dish and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté the onions for about 3 minutes or until they become golden brown. Transfer to a dish then set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry the sausage for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat once the sides turn golden brown.
- Serve the sausages on top of the cauliflower cream. Bon appétit!