Creamy spinach casserole topped with eggs is one super healthy and easy to make recipe. The name itself says all the main ingredients: spinach, eggs, and cream.
You need some extra seasonings to make it taste like a million dollar dish and voila. This perfect looking dish will amaze even the pickiest eaters at the table.
It not only tastes great but also has a nice presentation, so be sure that when you will bring this dish to the table you will amaze your family.
The dish itself is loaded with keto friendly ingredients that are full in fat and high in protein, so not only for those who are on ketogenic diet, this is a healthy dish for all people who are careful of what they eat.
Full-fat diaries like heavy cream, cream cheese, and butter can be beneficial for healthy people.
The serving can be simple with just any keto bread or almond biscuits and the eggs can be a little bit runny to make a perfect sauce for those who enjoy dipping some low carb bread while eating this meal.
The best part of this recipe that everything happens in a single dish and it will take 5 minutes to prepare and some extra 15 passive minutes to bake. It’s seriously a great recipe for those who are living busy lives.
Let’s Ketofy it!
In a pan over high heat boil some water and cook the spinach alongside with salt for 1 minute. Drain it well, chop it roughly and set aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, add diced onion and minced garlic. Cook until fragrant, it will take about 3 minutes or so. Add in the heavy cream and cream cheese. Stir well until creamy.
Add chopped spinach and simmer for next 10 minutes. Season well with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and make small hollows in the mixture to place the eggs.
Place cracked egg in each hollow and bake in a preheated oven at 400 F degrees or around 15 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the egg yolks a still little bit runny.
Just before serving, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Keto Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Easy Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Keto Creamy Spinach Egg Casserole
- Boil water in a pan, add salt and spinach and cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Drain the spinach, squeeze, chop and set aside.
- Heat butter in a saucepan, add chopped onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add cream cheese and heavy cream and cook until smooth.
- Add chopped spinach and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Transfer spinach to the baking dish and make small hollows in the spinach with the back of the spoon.
- Crack an egg into each hollow.
- Bake up to 15 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Season casserole with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with grated Grana Padano cheese.