Hot dogs are processed food and should be eaten only once in a while. However, no one can deny how incredibly delicious or convenient they are when making a meal that even kids will eat!
When choosing hot dogs, make sure they are made with 100% meat, no fillers or by-products, no artificial flavors or colors and no sugar-added. It’s best to have it made of grass-fed beef.
Processed foods tend to be highly inflammatory because they contain added sugars, flavors, and chemicals. They also tend to be nutrient-poor. This is why we recommend using clean sources of grass-fed meat, which are less likely to contain these harmful agents.
Bacon wrapped hot dogs are a very simple, extremely delicious keto lunch or dinner that you can do. It takes only 5 minutes to prepare everything.
You can serve it with a low carb side, such as salad or veggies. It goes very well with creamy spinach. It’s very easy to make. Simply saute spinach with butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese then add salt and pepper to taste.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Let’s Do It!
Start by setting your oven to preheat at 400°F.
Meanwhile, make lengthwise slits in the hot dogs and fill the slits with some sliced cheese.
For each hot dog, wrap it with two strips of bacon. Secure the bacon by putting a toothpick on each end.
In a baking sheet, put a wire rack on top and place the hot dogs in it. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes to bake.
Once done, serve the hot dogs on a plate, and pair it better with your favorite low carb side dish. Enjoy!
- Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet
- Pan Seared Sausage with Mashed Cauliflower
- Creamy Sauteed Sausage with Green Beans
Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut lengthwise slits in the hot dogs and stuff some sliced cheese into the slits.
- Prepare 2 strips of bacon and wrap it around each hot dog. Place a toothpick on each end to secure the bacon in place.
- Put a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and transfer the hot dogs to it. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper then bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy with your favorite low carb side dish.