Formerly in France, the term blue ribbon or “cordon bleu’ refers to the cooks who wear blue aprons. Nowadays it also means food prepared by outstanding cooks with a very high standard.
The cordon bleu is an exquisite stuffed chicken recipe, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. To prepare our keto version, we will use bacon to wrap around the chicken breast that has been stuffed with ham and cheese inside.
You can serve this bacon-wrapped chicken breast on a bed of lettuce. If you want to make it more interesting, you can coat the chicken with almond flour and fry it until the surface is brown and crispy.
Here is how it would look with and without the almond flour coating:
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1 pcs chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 1 lemon optional
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 slice smoked ham
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Lettuce optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Season chicken breast with lemon juice. Set aside for 3 minutes then let dry.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Slice the cheese and ham enough to cover the chicken.
- Lay the ham and cheese slices on top of each chicken breast. Carefully roll the chicken, tuck the ends inside, and finally hold the pieces together with a toothpick.
- Prepare 3 strips of bacon and wrap them around the rolled up chicken breast.
- Set an 8-inch non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken in the pan, 5 minutes per side until there are no more pink spots on the chicken.
- Leave in the pan for an additional 2 minutes before removing the toothpick. Lay the chicken on top of a bed of lettuce and serve.
- If preferred, make the breadcrumb coating for the chicken. Brush the cooked chicken with beaten egg (1 egg or less) and roll it in 2-3 tbsp of almond flour to coat entirely. Crispy fry for 3 minutes until brown.