Many people go out to eat when they are craving wings, but this recipe will have you staying in. The problem with most restaurant quality chicken wings is that they contain breading or added sugars.
Our recipe calls for a range of spices that will make your chicken amazingly delicious without the carbs. We recommend investing in a pack of high-quality chicken wings. Look for a brand that is organic and antibiotic-free.
Chicken wings contain dark meat, which is higher in fat than white meat. It tends to be juicier and more flavorful. They are usually served with a sugary dipping sauce, but we have a fix for that, too.
Our sauce contains coconut aminos and hot sauce in place of refined sugar. We also use ginger, lemon juice, and sesame oil, which contain anti-inflammatory components to fight free radical damage.
Additionally, the healthy fats in the sesame oil help you absorb the antioxidant nutrients in the spices. It’s a nutritionally-balanced sauce that you can use as a healthy dip for all of your favorite foods.
We love using spices to cook with because they flavor your food without any (or very few) calories. They are known to have disease-preventing and health-promoting properties.
Spices are primarily made of essential oils, phytochemicals, antioxidants, vitamins, and phytosterols. Research shows that spices may help protect against cancer, tumors, high cholesterol, and blood sugar problems. They also help boost brain health and mood (1).
This recipe calls for a bit of erythritol, but you can omit this if you’re sensitive to sweeteners. The lemon or lime should provide all the sweetener you need!
Serve these wings with a dipping sauce made with no-sugar-added mayo, hot sauce, and the juice from a lemon or lime. Add a few celery slices when serving to help cool off the spice and stay hydrated!
Let’s Do It!
Combine the spices and herbs in a bowl. Set aside.
Add the chicken wings to a bowl and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle the herb mixture over the chicken and use your fingers to rub it in. Let chicken sit for 15 minutes.
Bake the chicken in the oven for 35 minutes. Flip the wings about halfway through.
Make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients together.
Also, prepare the mayo dipping sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients together.
When the wings are done, toss them in the sauce.
Serve with mayo dipping sauce and your favorite low-carb sidedish.
More Low Carb Chicken Wings Recipes You Can Try:
- Spicy Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings
- Easy and Spicy Baked Chicken Wings
- Spicy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Keto Spicy Korean Chicken Wings
Dipping sauce (for serving, optional):
- 3 tbsp homemade mayo
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 lemon/lime wedge squeezed
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Wash and dry the chicken wings thoroughly.
- Combine all spices and herbs in a bowl. Mix well.
- Put chicken wings in a large bowl. Add olive oil and rub it in. Sprinkle the rub all over the chicken. Use your fingers to rub the spice mixture in. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Arrange chicken wings on a wire rack placed over a baking tray and bake for 35 minutes or until golden. Flip the wings once while cooking.
- Prepare the sauce. Whisk together all sauce ingredients until homogeneous.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for dipping sauce (optional).
- When the wings are cooked, toss them with the prepared sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with dipping sauce (optional).