Nothing tastes better than a hot soup in the morning. If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy soup to start your day, then this Keto Egg Drop Soup is just what you need.
The soup originally came from the Asian cuisine, and with its enticing aroma and keto-approved ingredients, this will surely be a crowd favourite in no time.
Among the primary ingredients of the soup are eggs. Eggs are one of the best sources of protein. With the bountiful nutrients packed in a single egg, you would be surprised by the plethora of benefits it offers to the body. These benefits include healthy brain and immune system, stronger muscles, high energy, and good eyesight. Also, since egg has a significant amount of protein, it is known to aid in weight loss.
Another important ingredient to our soup is chicken broth. Not many might be aware of this, but chicken broth is not only tasty, but it also has a handful of benefits, especially if prepared at home.
Chicken broth keeps the gut healthy, making digestion easy for the body. It also helps improve our nails, hair, and skin because of its proline-containing gelatin.
For our thickening agent, we will use xanthan gum for the soup. For the flavour, some dust of garlic powder and chilli flakes are enough. The preparation time will only take 15 minutes. Add as many other fillings if you like, but make sure everything is keto-friendly. Enjoy!
Let’s Do It!
Pour the chicken broth in a pot and boil.
Place the xanthan gum in a small bowl and dissolve with warm water. Afterwards, add the chilli flakes, xanthan gum, ginger, coconut aminos, and garlic powder to the pot. Stir with your ladle.
Set the heat to low and gently add the beaten eggs to the broth. Stir again in a single direction. Remove from the heat and season with black pepper and salt.
Serve hot with chopped green onion.
More keto soup recipes you can try:
- Coconut Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Low Carb Creamy Spinach Soup With Crispy Bacon
- Cream of broccoli soup keto recipe
Keto Egg Drop Soup
- In a small bowl dissolve xanthan gum in warm water.
- Bring the broth to a boil, add ginger, garlic powder, chilli flakes (if using), coconut aminos, xanthan gum and stir well.
- Reduce heat to low. Slowly pour beaten eggs into the broth and stir in one direction.
- Turn off the heat. Add salt and black pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped green onion.