Avocado and eggs are staple foods in the keto diet, and with good reason. Avocado is an excellent source of fat and dietary fiber (sometimes overlooked on keto, but still very important for your overall health).
Eggs have an impressive nutritional profile – they’re rich in proteins, containing all 8 essential amino acids, plus a good amount of different fat-soluble vitamins and minerals.
This is why we wanted to share with you yet another way to integrate these two amazing foods into your diet.
This salad is very rich and filling and you can therefore easily have it for lunch or dinner, making it a very quick and easy meal. It’s best to eat it straight away, while the onion and the ham are still hot.
If you don’t like onion, you can skip it or substitute it with garlic. Parmesan cheese is entirely optional, but we believe it makes this simple salad even tastier, without any additional effort.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Slice the hard-boiled egg, tomato, and avocado to make bite-sized chunks.
Throw them all in a single bowl and toss to combine.
Place the onion in butter and sauté for 2 minutes. Fry the ham with the onion for an additional 3 minutes.
Add the ham and onion with the chopped tomato, avocado, and egg. Drizzle with lemon juice for more flavor and stir to combine. Top with Parmesan cheese to finish. Serve and enjoy.
Keto Eggs, Avocado and Ham Salad
- 1 avocado cut into pieces
- 1 tomato medium, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs hard-boiled medium
- 100 g ham cut into small pieces
- ¼ onion medium, diced
- ½ tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated, optional
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Cut the tomato, the eggs, and the avocado.
- Mix them together.
- Fry the onion in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Add the ham and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Put the ham and the onion with the rest of the salad. Add the lemon juice and mix everything together. Add the parmesan.