Go classic and homemade – this is the basic formula for this fabulous trout recipe. Perfectly balanced amounts of different herbs and spices combined in this marinade recipe will make you a kitchen hero. Make sure to find nice pieces of fresh trout for the best possible flavor!
I always try to avoid buying frozen fish. The taste simply can’t be compared to a nice freshly caught fish you can sometimes find in local markets.
If, however, you have to buy frozen fish, make sure to defrost it naturally. Place the fish in a deep pot filled with lukewarm water and allow it to defrost slowly. Avoid using microwave – it will be almost impossible to grill the fish after it.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Prep the fish by washing it thoroughly under cold running water. Dry with a kitchen towel then reserve.
To preheat the grill, set it to medium-high heat.
Mix everything else together in a medium bowl. Stir until well incorporated. When ready, spread out the abdominal cavity of the fish and rub the insides with the mixed seasonings. Coat the outsides of the fish as well then lay it on the preheated grill.
Grill the fish for 5 minutes per side while brushing occasionally with the remaining marinade to preserve the juiciness. Let it crisp on both sides to your liking.
Best served while still warm from the grill with some low-carb veggies of your choice.
- Grilled Catfish with Orange
- Grilled Salmon Steak with Olive Oil, Garlic and Herbs
- Keto Lemon Butter White Fish
Grilled Trout With Olive Oil and Herbs
- Wash the fish thoroughly under cold running water and pat dry with a kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine mint, thyme, parsley, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, chili, and salt. Stir until well combined. Spread the abdominal cavity of the fish and generously brush with the marinade. Finally, brush the fish from the outside and place on a grill.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Occasionally, brush the fish with the remaining marinade to keep the juiciness.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately with some low-carb veggies.