Here we propose you a hearty keto dish that is easy to make and integrates zucchini into your diet. Zucchini is very keto-friendly, as it’s amazingly low-carb (only 2.25 g net carbs per 100 g).
It’s also an excellent source of manganese and vitamin C, in addition to all the other vitamins and minerals that they contain (vitamin A, magnesium, folate and potassium, amongst others). Besides, this recipe has melted cheese in it, and who doesn’t love melted cheese?
Discarding the seeds of the zucchini makes this dish extremely keto-friendly, as emptying a medium zucchini (of about 150 g) leaves you with only about the half of the flesh. Of course, you can keep the seeds to use in another dish.
Instead of gouda cheese, you can use any other medium hard cheese that you have – cheddar, Swiss cheese, Edam. Mimolette, which might be harder to find, is entirely optional and can either be skipped or substituted with another hard cheese.
In fact, in addition to the mozzarella, which is simply delicious when melted, you can use all the cheese leftovers that you have in your fridge, as long as they are medium hard or hard cheeses.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Place the butter in a pan to melt then sauté the onion in for 2 minutes.
Gently drop the ground meat into the pan and stir for 3 minutes to cook. Crush the meat into small pieces while stirring.
Transfer the contents of the pan into a bowl. Crack the egg on the meat and stir to combine.
Slice the washed zucchini into two and scoop out the unnecessary seeds to make room for the fillings.
Stuff the empty zucchini with the cooked meat. Arrange them in a baking sheet and leave in the oven for 15 minutes to bake. The oven should be set at 200°C.
Combine the mozzarella, mimolette, and Gouda in a bowl. Cover the surface of the zucchini with the mixed cheeses. Rebake for an additional 5 minutes.
Generously dust the zucchini with the grated parmesan cheese. Leave to bake for 1 or 2 minutes more.
- Grilled Stuffed Zucchini with Bacon
- Keto Cheesy Steak Zucchini Boats
- Tasty and Easy Chicken Zucchini Meatballs
Stuffed Zucchini Boats With Ground Meat and Cheese
- 3 zucchini medium size, seeds removed
- 300 g ground meat pork or beef
- 1 egg medium
- ½ onion medium, diced
- ½ tbsp butter
- 50 g Gouda cheese grated
- 30 g Mimolette cheese or cheddar, grated (optional)
- 40 g Mozzarella grated
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Fry the onion in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Add the minced meat and fry for another 3 minutes. Break the meat into small pieces while frying.
- Put the fried minced meat in a bowl. Add the egg and mix well.
- Cut the zucchini in half and empty them of the seeds with a spoon or a knife. Discard the seeds.
- Put the mixture into the zucchini and bake them at 200 C for 15 minutes.
- Mix the Gouda, mimolette, and mozzarella together. Sprinkle the cheese mix on top of the zucchini and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated parmesan on top and bake for another minute or two.