Are you tired of the same old boring keto pizza? We’ve got a way to jazz it up using one of the best low-carb ingredients ever: eggs!
Our egg crust pizza in a pan is simple to make. There is very little clean up required (you can make the whole thing in one pan) and you’ll only need 10 minutes to make it.
Most people know that eggs are an excellent source of protein, but did you know that they also contain many different vitamins and minerals? One egg contains 74 calories, 4.35 grams of fat, <0.5 grams of carbs, (1), 6.24 grams of protein and 18 different vitamins and minerals.
They are especially high in vitamin D, zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin A, and some B vitamins. You can make many keto recipes using eggs.
Eggs also provide 18 amino acids to help repair damaged tissues and cells and support lean muscle mass. They’re the perfect food to eat after working out. You can also enjoy them for as a high-protein breakfast or whenever you need a filling snack.
For an extra creamy and delicious crust, we mix our eggs with heavy cream and spices, including oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper. For our topping, we use classic pizza toppings such as Mozzarella, tomato slices, prosciutto, Parmesan, and fresh basil or parsley.
Spices are incredible sources of antioxidants. Research shows that culinary herbs and spices contain bioactive properties called polyphenols that help fight disease (2).
For example, adding oregano to your food may help increase your body’s free radical scavenging abilities while thyme may help fight the growth of human colorectal cancer cells (3).
Make this egg crust pizza in a pan and you’ll enjoy loads of flavour, minimum carbs and fat, maximum protein and polyphenols, and a range of vitamins and minerals for a nutrient-dense dish!
Let’s Do It!
Add eggs to the blender with heavy cream, herbs, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Add a teaspoon of butter to a skillet over medium heat on the stove. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until the eggs just begin to set.
Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Then, top with the tomato slices and prosciutto.
Put the lid on and cook for about five minutes on low or until the cheese has melted and the eggs are set.
Transfer to a plate, cut into pizza slices, sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley, and serve!
More Keto Egg Recipes:
- Arugula Avocado Salmon Egg Rolls
- How to Bake Eggs and Bacon in the Oven
- Tuna Egg Wraps
- Egg Rolls with Spinach, Bacon and Avocado
Keto Egg Crust Pizza Pan
- ½ cup Mozzarella shredded
- 4 tomato slices
- 2 slices prosciutto cut in half
- 1 tbsp Parmesan grated
- basil leaves fresh optional or chopped parsley
- Crack the eggs into a blender. Pour in heavy cream. Add herbs and season with salt and pepper. Blend everything together until homogeneous.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a medium skillet. Gently pour beaten eggs into the pan and cook until they just begin to set.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella. Top with tomato slices and prosciutto.
- Put the lid on and continue to cook on low heat approximately 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are set.
- Transfer to a serving plate, cut into triangles. Serve immediately sprinkled with Parmesan, black pepper, chopped parsley, or basil leaves. Enjoy!