Today we will introduce you to an easy breakfast idea for your keto diet: Salmon Egg Rolls with Arugula & Avocado. This is one of the easiest breakfast recipes. You can also use it for lunch, especially if you need to have your meal on the go or bring it to work.
The recipe is inspired by Korean cuisine where egg rolls are quite popular. Usually, they are prepared with green onions and carrots, but there is a huge variety of other combinations.
For our dish, we will use salmon, avocado and arugula. A healthy and nutritional combination, isn’t it? Not to mention, it’s low-carb and fits perfectly on a keto diet!
We love this recipe because it uses several of our favourite keto ingredients, including butter, arugula, avocado, salmon, and eggs. This dish is so delicious that you don’t have to top it with a dressing if you don’t want.
If you decide to make the dressing, be sure to use unsweetened, full-fat yogurt to keep the carbs down and the fat levels up.
This recipe calls for you to make a regular omelette and cut it into rolls, just like an egg roll. You can use it as a breakfast, snack, or lunch idea, and use regular spinach if you don’t have arugula.
Let’s Do It!
You will not spend much time in the kitchen to prepare these tasty rolls. Just crack the eggs into the blender, pour in heavy cream, season with salt and pepper and blend everything together until smooth.
If you do not want to use a blender, then you can just whisk the egg mixture.
Next, heat some butter in a medium skillet and pour the blended eggs into the pan, cover with a lid and leave to cook until firm.
Cut the smoked salmon and avocado into smaller pieces to top the omelettes with.
While the eggs are cooking, mix full-fat yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Transfer the omelette to a plate and top with seasoned yogurt, salmon pieces, avocado slices and arugula.
Roll the egg omelettes securely before cutting them in half. Best served warm.
More Keto Egg Wraps Recipes You Can Try:
Keto Arugula Avocado Salmon Egg Rolls
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 oz Smoked Salmon salted, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ avocado sliced, ripe
- ½ cup arugula
- 1 tbsp yogurt full fat
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp butter
- Crack the eggs into the blender. Pour in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Blend everything together until homogeneous.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a medium skillet. Gently pour blended eggs into the pan, cover with a lid and leave to cook until firm.
- In a bowl mix full-fat yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the omelette to a plate and top with seasoned yogurt, salmon pieces, avocado slices and arugula.
- Roll the omelette to keep the fillings inside. Half each roll and serve while warm.