I love this dish because it is easy to make and has many variations. It’s a great dinner option for both cold and hot weather and you can almost always change the ingredients using items that you already have on hand.
A few tips will give you all you need to have a fail-free recipe:
- When searing the meat, it is very important that the oil is hot to avoid the meat sticking to the pan.
- Cook it until you have that nice golden brown crust and when the meat comes out easily from the pan (no pulling please).
- You can use butter or coconut oil instead, but if you choose butter, make sure the heat is not too high, otherwise, it will burn.
A nice change for this recipe is using balsamic vinegar, or a good quality wine vinegar in place of the lemon juice/zests.
The mushrooms can be substituted by capers, olives, or fresh tomatoes (remove the seeds or use grape size), or all together. And you can use any herbs on hands, such as basil, thyme, or oregano.
If you are looking for a dairy-free version, coconut milk can be a great substitute for the heavy cream. It will also make a delicious combination of fish instead of chicken. I would recommend a flaky fish such as trout, flounders, or snappers.
Serve it on a beautiful platter with a side salad or my favorite recipe for Cauliflower Parmesan Patties. Enjoy it!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Easy Creamy Shredded Chicken with Spinach and Bacon
- Keto Shredded Butter Chicken
Chicken Creamy Lemon Mushroom Sauce
- Slice the chicken breasts into two. Rub some salt and pepper on each side to taste. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep 3-quart sauté pan. Fry the chicken for 10 minutes a side. Wait until the breasts turn golden brown and completely cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and use the same pan to sauté the garlic and onions for 5 minutes. Toss in the mushrooms and leave for 5 more minutes or until some juices are produced and the base of the pan looks clean when stirring.
- Pour half a cup of the heavy cream into the pan. Cook for another minute until boiling. Remove from the heat. Top with the parsley and lemon zests. Add the lemon juice. Taste and sprinkle some salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve the chicken breasts coated with the sauce. Enjoy with cauliflower parmesan patties and a side of herb salad.