Let it be zucchini this time. Why not zucchini? A favorite among low-carb dieters and anyone who wants to lose weight fast, zucchini is high in essential nutrients like potassium, manganese, and vitamin C & A. Any doubts that zucchini is a nutrient booster?
Garlic contains powerful detoxing agents to help rid the body of toxins. It can be used to help treat the common cold, reduce inflammation, and more. Some research shows that garlic even contains anti-cancer properties (1, 2, 3, 4).
Thyme is packed with numerous health benefits, including phytonutrients, minerals and vitamins. It contains a good amount of antioxidants, which can be used to help fight inflammation and ward off chronic disease. Not to mention, adding spices like thyme to your dish is a great way to flavor food while adding nutrition (5, 6)!
Don’t think of cream cheese as just a dairy product. It is a combination of fat, protein, sodium, vitamins A, B-9 and B-12. Plus, cream cheese is a great addition to any low-carb dish. It instantly adds creaminess and thickness.
This spread would be a great dip to bring to your next get together or serve at the next family gathering. You don’t even have to tell your guests that it’s low carb! You can serve it as is or with your favorite low-carb veggies to dip in. It would also make a great topper for your favorite burger or piece of fish.
Let’s Do It!
To make, grate the zucchini, add some salt, and mix well. Let the zucchini sit for about 10 minutes then squeeze to remove moisture.
In a frying pan, add olive oil (or butter) in then add minced garlic and thyme and fry for about 30 seconds.
Add zucchini and cook it, but do not overcook, or else it will turn mushy.
Add cream cheese, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes until all flavors are combined.
Transfer the mixture to a plate and sprinkle with grated Grana Padano.
If the dish does not seem quite complete, serve with some low-carb crackers. Bon appetit!
Some other zucchini recipes you can try:
Keto Creamy Zucchini Spread
- 2 zucchini medium, shredded
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Grana Padano grated
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grate the zucchini, place in a bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and mix well. Let the zucchini weep for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cheesecloth or kitchen towel and squeeze to remove moisture.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add minced garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add shredded zucchini and thyme and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese, season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate, sprinkle with grated Grana Padano, serve with some low carb crackers (if desired) and enjoy.