Everyday can be a special day. The best and the easiest way to make a special day is to cook a special dish. Don’t know a good recipe for a special dish? It may be this chicken zucchini fritters dish is worth a try!
This recipe only calls for six ingredients, but it’s packed full of flavor. Low-calorie zucchini combined with protein-rich chicken makes a beautiful couple, don’t they?
Zucchini is a member of the squash family and can be used in many low-carb dishes. You can use them in place of noodles, lasagna, and other traditional pasta dishes.
These fritters are held together by almond flour, which acts as a binding agent in this recipe along with the egg and cheese.
Almond flour is gluten-free, and it’s a great choice for anyone on a low-carbohydrate diet. It’s super versatile and can be used in all kinds of baked foods.
Dill is another excellent ingredient. It does not contain cholesterol and is very low in calories. It gives your dish a unique flavor. Nonetheless, it contains many antioxidants, vitamins such as pyridoxine, niacin and dietary fibers, which helps you manage your blood cholesterol levels. You can also use other spices that you like as well.
Gouda is our top pick for cheese, but almost any cheese would work well in this recipe. Try adding shredded cheddar for a bit of color.
These fritters are great for on the go snacking or served hot for breakfast. You can enjoy them with a dollop of sour cream on top or even use them as hamburger patties for a bunless treat.
Let’s Ketofy It!
To make, start by grating the zucchini. Add some kosher salt and squeeze hard to remove moisture and liquid.
Add ground chicken, almond flour, beaten egg, shredded Gouda cheese, and chopped fresh dill. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Shape the mixture into patties, the size is up to you. Fry the chicken-zucchini patties in olive oil on each side until cooked through.
Serve with leafy greens and the sauce to your taste. The special dish is cooked. Bon appetit!
Keto Chicken Zucchini Fritters
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 oz Gouda shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the zucchini, place in a bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and mix well. Let the zucchini weep for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cheesecloth or kitchen towel and squeeze to remove moisture.
- Place in a bowl and add ground chicken, beaten egg, almond flour, cheese, dill, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- With a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and form patties. The size depends on how you like it. This can make 6 pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the cutlets for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with some leafy greens or aioli or any other sauce of your choice.