If you love shrimp as much as we do, then you need to know as many different ways to cook it as possible. This ensures you’ll never get bored with it, and can add several shrimp dishes to your weekly rotation without repeating the same one.
Today we’d love to show you this Creamy Tuscan Shrimp recipe cooked with butter, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and other amazing herbs and spices.
Shrimp is an excellent source of the antioxidant called astaxanthin, which is also found in salmon. Astaxanthin has been shown to reduce the risk of various disorders in humans (1).
Astaxanthin has a higher antioxidant capacity than other antioxidants. For example, it contains 10 times more antioxidant power than zeaxanthin, canthaxanthin, lutein and β-carotene, and 100 times the antioxidant power of α-tocopherol (2).
Research shows that astaxanthin helps prevent skin thickening and collagen reduction due to UV overexposure (3). It has anti-diabetic properties, may also protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer, and has been shown to boost the immune system (4).
This dish is packed with incredible flavors and your kitchen will smell so lovely. It’s going to be a great family meal. The best part is that it’s so quick, delicious, and easy to prepare.
You can serve this creamy shrimp by itself or with zucchini noodles to make it a wonderful filling for low carb pasta.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Let’s Do It!
Get a bowl and start preparing the shrimp. Clean and devein the shrimp. Once done, coat it with a mixture of garlic powder, lemon juice, black pepper, and salt.
Prepare a large frying pan, then place it on a stove over medium-high heat. Put some butter on it then toss in the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and minced onion once the butter has melted.
Mix carefully for about half a minute. Add the shrimp, then let it cook for 3 minutes, or until the shrimp is pinkish in color.
This time, add the cream cheese in the pan and let it melt. Stir carefully until all ingredients are combined well.
Add spinach, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl once done.
Serve with chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!
Keto Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the shrimp in a bowl. After cleaning, devein and coat with a mixture of garlic powder, lemon juice, black pepper, and salt.
- Set the stove to medium-high heat. Settle a large frying pan over the stove. Melt the butter in the pan before tossing in the sun-dried tomatoes (if preferred), garlic, and minced onion.
- Mix for about half a minute. Drop the shrimp into the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes. Make sure the shrimp become pinkish in color.
- Melt the cream cheese in the same pan. Continue stirring to combine the cheese with the other ingredients.
- Leave to cook for an additional 5 minutes after adding the spinach, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Transfer to a bowl once finished.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.