This jalapeno popper chicken soup is delicious and great for cold days. It has a very nice creamy texture. It is a perfect meal to warm your body in winter. There is nothing better than a hot bowl of chicken soup in the cold and windy days.
To make this soup, we are going to use chicken thighs, chicken broth, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and jalapenos as the main ingredients. The amount of jalapeno is up to your liking and how spicy you can handle.
If you are a soup lover, you will want to make this particular recipe again and again because it’s really that good.
Let’s Do It!
Preheated oven to 370F. Season chicken with garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper then bake it in the oven for around 30 minutes.
Make sure you let the chicken skin brown and crispy. You might need to broil in the last 5 minutes to get the skin crispy.
Meanwhile, place the bacon strips flat on the baking paper, leaving space so they don’t overlap and bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 370 oven until it’s crispy.
You can bake bacon in a different shelf of the same oven you are baking chicken if there’s space. If not, just fry the bacon in a hot pan. Remove and reserve the oil. Reserve the remaining fat from the tray. You will use it.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove from oven. Allow it to cool and separate the skin and bone carefully. Reserve the remaining skin for decoration in the final step. It’s so crispy and crunchy, you’ll love it! Cut the chicken meat into medium pieces. Reserve the bone to make the soup. This is to add a little extra flavor into the soup (optional).
To make the soup, add bacon fat in a soup pot with onion until the onion releases an amazing smell. Add diced jalapeno peppers in with bone broth and chicken bone (optional). Cooking for 15 minutes then remove the bone. You need to make sure all bones are removed.
In the soup pot, add chicken meat, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, butter, onion & garlic powder and chili pepper in and cook for 1-2 more minutes. You might add some water in if needed. Make sure you stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn at the bottom. When the cheese is dissolved remove from the heat and add chopped cilantro and chives in.
Serve with crispy bacon bits on top and crispy chicken skin on the side. If you love the spicy and fresh taste of jalapenos, add a few thin slices on top too!
- Broccoli and Cheese Cream Soup
- Keto Curry Soup with Beef and Coconut Milk
- Cheesy White Chicken Chili Keto Soup
Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- 4 chicken thighs medium size
- 3 cups bone broth
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red chili pepper
- 4 slices bacon chopped, for topping
- 2 jalapenos medium size, diced
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped, for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water (if needed)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped, for topping
- Before placing the chicken on a baking sheet, flavor it first with a mixture of salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Let the chicken bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. The oven should be set to 370°F. Allow the chicken skin to turn golden and crispy before removing.
- In the meantime, arrange the bacon strips on a baking paper. Make sure they are flat and not overlapping each other. Place in the same 370°F preheated oven for 10 minutes. Wait until the bacon crisps. Take out from the oven and pour the produced fat into a bowl. Chop the bacon into bits. Reserve.
- After removing the chicken from the oven, let it stand to cool. Peel off the chicken skin and put aside. Shred the meat into medium bits. Set aside the chicken bone to add more flavor to the soup (optional).
- Make the soup in a soup pot. Pour the bacon fat in to brown the onion. Once the onion smells good, gently pour the bone broth. Toss in the chicken bones and diced jalapenos. Leave for 15 minutes then remove all of the bones.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, butter, garlic powder, onion, chili pepper, and finally the shredded chicken. Add water if needed. Simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir occasionally. Once the cheese melts completely, turn off the heat. Top with chopped cilantro and chives.
- Arrange the crispy chicken skin and bacon bits on the surface before serving. Enjoy!