In the fast-moving modern world, we have less time to cook but we want to stay healthy and full of energy. We reach out for snacks but unfortunately, most snacks are not keto friendly.
Today we have prepared for you a super nutritious energy balls snack recipe from nuts and keto collagen.
Collagen is one of the most important components of our body, a kind of protein that is the basis of connective tissue in the human body.
This protein has been used for many years in cosmetology and all because its responsible for the resilience of our skin, its beauty, and elasticity.
We covered collagen topic in depth before, you can read these collagen’s health benefits and 10 Reasons Why You Should Add More Collagen to Your Diet Daily.
There are many collagen products in the market. However, Perfect Keto’s Collagen really stands out as a great choice for low carb dieters because it is a doctor-approved and premium quality product. It also contains MCTs which help trigger ketosis and boost your energy levels.
The base of these energy balls is made of walnuts. Walnut has many amazing benefits such as lowering the risk of type 2 diabetes, decreasing appetite and hunger, reduce the risk of some cancers, promotes a healthy gut, etc… (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
We used only keto-approved products in our recipe, for example, flaxseeds, peanut butter, shredded coconut, and coconut oil.
The cooking itself doesn’t take you much time, especially if you do everything in the evening. Spend 15 minutes on the preparation and send the balls into the refrigerator to cool and in the morning you will have a delicious snack for the day.
You can also add other nuts or completely replace them with others to your liking.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Add walnuts, flaxseeds, and shredded coconut in a food processor and process it until soft.
Add in Perfect Keto’s Unflavored Keto Collagen (or your favorite collagen powder), peanut butter, coconut oil, erythritol and sea salt, and process until the mixture becomes sticky.
Use your hand and a tablespoon to form the dough into spheres. Roll these spheres on extra shredded coconut (optional).
Put the balls in a tray/cutting board then chill in the fridge for at least one hour. Enjoy.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Creamy Vanilla MCT Peanut Butter Balls
- Keto Almond Coconut Collagen Protein Bars
- Keto Collagen Protein Blueberry Pancakes
Keto Collagen Walnut Energy Balls
- In a food processor shred walnuts, flax seeds and unsweetened coconut until soft.
- Add in Keto Collagen, coconut oil, peanut butter, sea salt, erythritol and process until sticky.
- Line a baking tray or cutting board with parchment paper. Scoop the dough with a tablespoon and form balls with your hand. This should make 10 balls.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut (optional).
- Put the balls on a lined baking tray/cutting board and transfer to a fridge for at least one hour to chill. Enjoy and store the rest in the fridge for later use.