If you are a busy individual and doesn’t have time to cook fancy meals but still want something healthy and delicious on the dinner table, then this dish is definitely for you.
The Chicken Avocado Cucumber Nori Roll requires simple and keto-friendly ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen. You can add this to your lunch or dinner table or just prepare this for your snack.
One of the main ingredients of our dish is the delicious nori sheet. Nori is the healthiest seaweed you can find in the market. It has a wholesome nutrition profile that both benefits our health and helps us maintain our figure. With only 35 calories in 100 grams of nori sheets, nori perfectly complements our goal towards losing extra weight.
Apart from its low calorie content, nori is known for being vitamin-filled. It has large amounts of folate and vitamin A that helps protect our bodies against certain diseases like cancer. This seaweed is also packed with tons of B vitamins and vitamin C for strengthening our immune system. Using nori in our dish makes it a lot tastier and flavorful.
Avocados and cucumbers also make an excellent combination for the rolls. They complement the seaweed’s flavor and also gives our skin a refreshing feeling. To add protein to the rolls, we will add chicken to the filling. Spice the rolls with sesame seeds and paprika if you like.
Let’s Ketofy It!
To create the thinly sliced cucumber, use a mandoline slicer if available. Place the cucumber slices on one half of the nori sheet but leaving about half an inch of the end uncovered.
Spread some cream cheese on top of the slices. Add the avocado slices and shredded chicken.
Garnish with sesame seeds and paprika. Dip your fingertips in water and gently wet the end of the nori sheet that you left uncovered earlier. Roll the sheet carefully and put aside.
Do the same for the rest of the ingredients. Half the rolls and serve at once. Best eaten with coconut aminos as dip.
More low-carb rolls ideas you can try:
- Salmon Sushi Rolls
- Egg Rolls with Spinach, Bacon and Avocado
- Ricotta Cheese and Parsley Omelette Rolls
Chicken Avocado Cucumber Nori Rolls
- 2 nori sheets cut in half
- 2 cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded chicken cooked and divided
- 4 tbsp cream cheese divided
- 1 avocado thinly sliced (divided)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- organic coconut aminos for dipping (optional)
- Arrange thinly sliced cucumber (use mandoline slicer to create very thin slices) on the half of nori sheet. Leave 1/2-inch at the end of nori uncovered.
- Top cucumber slices with a tablespoon of cream cheese, add shredded chicken and avocado slices.
- Sprinkle with paprika and sesame seeds.
- Dip your fingertips in the bowl of water and wet the uncovered end of nori sheet. Roll the sheet and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut the rolls in half and serve immediately with coconut aminos for dipping (optional).