If you love preparing sausages, this creamy sauteed sausage with green beans recipe is for you. Pork sausages will be the main ingredient of this dish. You can use other sausages of your choice, such as Italian sausage or chicken sausage.
When it comes to sausage on keto, there’s a trick. You need to make sure to choose the sausages that have no fillers and zero added sugar. Make sure they are all-natural and don’t have chemical additives. Read the nutrition labels carefully and make sure a serving fits your macros.
We recommend going with pasture-raised meat whenever possible. Your meat should also be free from antibiotics and hormones. You’ll be able to taste the difference between clean meat and meat that has been treated with chemicals!
Depending on where you live, you can find keto-friendly sausage brands that meet your needs. Jimmy Dean and Coleman Organic are examples. Ask your local butchers if they have all natural sausage too.
Beans are not usually eaten on a low-carb diet because they tend to be too starchy, but green beans are the exception. They contain very few carbs and a good amount of fiber.
If you don’t have green beans, then you can use other green vegetables in this dish. However, we like the crunchiness of green beans as a pairing for the sausage. Green beans are also a good source of vitamins A, C, and K.
This dish will be perfect for lunch or dinner. The ingredients in this recipe are really easy to find, and probably you already have them in your fridge. So, don’t hesitate and make something different for you and your family.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Let’s Do It!
Start by chopping off the tips of the green beans. Once done, cut the veggie in half, then put it aside.
Next, cut the sausage into small pieces—enough for a bite—then set aside in a bowl. If you want to chop the sausage easily, you can refrigerate it first for fifteen minutes.
Put a skillet to heat, then add some oil. Once ready, sear the sausage chunks for approximately five minutes.
Sausage chunks are ready once it turns brown. This time, add the onions and chopped green beans, then saute for four to five minutes.
Pour the cream gently and season with pepper and salt to taste. Using a spatula, mix all the ingredients together. Leave for three minutes more before turning off the heat.
Finally, serve and enjoy your creamy sauteed sausage while warm.
Sauteed Sausage with Green Beans
- Chop off both tips of the green beans then slice into two. Put aside.
- Chop the sausage links into bite-sized chunks as well. Reserve in a bowl. For easy chopping, refrigerate the sausage for around 15 minutes before cutting.
- Preheat a skillet then pour the oil into heat. Sear the sausage chunks for 5 minutes.
- Once brown, toss in the onion and chopped green beans. Sauté for 4-5 minutes more.
- Gently pour in the cream. Season with pepper and salt. Fold the mix with a spatula to incorporate all the ingredients together. Leave for an additional 3 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve in a dish and enjoy warm.