This gluten-free, low-carb meatloaf recipe is super easy to make. You need just eight simple ingredients and 10 minutes for preparation. This extra delicious meatloaf is a comfort food with extra protein. It’s perfect for a keto diet and comes in at less than 3 net carbs per serving.
Serve this meatloaf with mashed cauliflower, cabbage steaks, or just simple roasted vegetables. Almost any side dish you like will go well with it! We are more than certain that all your family will love this delicious meatloaf.
Traditional meatloaf is not a keto-friendly food because it uses bread crumbs and ketchup, which contains too many carbs. Additionally, breadcrumbs contain gluten and this is hard to digest for many people. Store-bought ketchup is a hidden source of high-fructose syrup.
The meat is seasoned with garlic, onion, salt, pepper, tomato paste and basic seasoning. You can reduce the amount of tomato paste used in this recipe to get even lower net carb per serving.
When looking for tomato paste, make sure there’s no added sugar or other artificial ingredients. You can make tomato sauce from home by combining one cup of diced tomato with half a teaspoon of salt, black pepper, oregano, basil and parsley. Simply cook and simmer for a couple of minutes to get the desired thickness.
You can also add low carb homemade ketchup and Italian seasoning on top when baking to enhance the flavor.
This keto beef and pork meatloaf is very tender, so it can be a little difficult to cut. Just make sure you let it rest for ten minutes before slicing. It’s better to use a sharp serrated bread knife for slicing.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Let’s Do It!
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, prepare a loaf pan and spray some coconut oil on it.
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, except for ketchup. Make sure to mix well all the ingredients until well-combined.
Once ready, put the mixture in the prepared loaf pan, and even out the surface. Bake the mixture in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Once completely baked, remove it from the oven, and top it with some ketchup. Distribute it evenly on the surface. Put back the mixture in the oven and bake it again for 30 minutes or until the loaf is cooked well.
Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Once ready, slice the loaf using a sharp serrated knife to cut the meat carefully. Serve and enjoy!
Check other similar recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
- Easy and Delicious Ground Beef Meatloaf
- Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf
Keto Beef And Pork Meatloaf
- Spray some coconut oil on a loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, excluding the ketchup. Stir well so everything is well-combined.
- Put the mixture in the loaf pan and even out the surface. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the ketchup. Spread it evenly on the surface. Bake for 30 minutes more or until the loaf is cooked through.
- Let cool for 10 more minutes then slice. Use a sharp serrated knife to cut through the meat carefully.