Can your everyday traditional pizza be filled with anything you want and still have the potential of being a great ketogenic main dish or snack? This is possible by using broccoli to make the crust.
This low carb, gluten free broccoli crust pizza has plenty of room for your creativity. It can be one giant round pizza, or try making four or five mini pizzas all with different toppings.
Some suggested toppings are:
- Original chicken, cheese, alfredo sauce and bacon, add dried tomatoes
- Spinach, mushrooms, celery and spoon of Dijon mustard
- Mexican salsa
- Ham and cheese
- Or just put olives and tomatoes.
For this particular recipe, we choose our toppings with cooked chicken, keto-friendly alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese and crispy bacon bits.
You can make alfredo sauce from home using simple ingredients such as butter, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, minced garlic and a little bit of cream cheese.
What makes this pizza delicious is the thick layer of cheese on top!
The health benefits of broccoli doesn’t need explanation. You can buy premade broccoli rice in organic stores or make it yourself by processing raw and whole broccoli and be completely sure in what’s inside of your crust. Basically it’s fresh broccoli minced till resembles rice, cooked with little oil.
This mix can be kept in a fridge up to a week, so you can bake new pizzas every day using different toppings without making the mix again.
Watch how we made this here:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Broccoli Crust Chicken Pizza
For broccoli crust:
- 1/2 lb broccoli rice cooked
- 1/8 cup parmesan grated (plus more for serving, optional)
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the broccoli rice, egg, mozzarella, and parmesan in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Line some parchment into a baking sheet and transfer the mixture. Press it to make it at least ¼-⅛ inch thick.
- Put in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. When the crusts look dry and the edges turn brown, remove from the oven and top with chicken, mozzarella, and Alfredo sauce.
- Bake again for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden in color. Add bacon and grated parmesan if preferred. Cut and serve while hot.