When talking about fat bombs on a keto diet, we often think about all the sweets, such as chocolate and peanut butter. However, today we want to try something different. We want to make salty fat bombs with bacon, egg and avocado. These are great snacks, too.
Fat bombs are a great way to get more fat in your diet. This is important when you are in ketosis because dietary fat turns into ketones. You can use these fat bombs in place of your current snack or breakfast when you need to increase your energy levels immediately.
We made two different types of fat bombs. The first one is called Bacon & Egg Fat Bomb and the second one is called Bacon Guacamole Fat Bomb*.
For the bacon and egg fat bombs, as the name suggests, we use bacon, boiled egg, mayonnaise, butter and seasoning. You can use homemade mayonnaise for this.
For the guacamole fat bombs, we use avocado, bacon, butter, and seasoning.
You should produce 12 fat bombs altogether, 6 pieces of each type. They taste best when enjoyed immediately or you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
*Credit: This recipe is adapted from this recipe and this recipe by Martina from ketodietapp.com. She is the creator of the Keto Diet App, which provides all the tools you need to plan and track your keto diet effectively. Also check her amazing cookbooks on Amazon, such as Keto Slow Cooker & One-Pot Meals, Quick Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less, and The Beginner’s KetoDiet Cookbook, which has over 100 delicious low-carb whole food recipes.
Let’s Do It!
While preparing the ingredients, set the oven to preheat at 350°F.
Start by arranging on a baking sheet the bacon slices. For 10 to 15 minutes, bake the bacon until it is brown and crispy. Once cooked, remove it from the oven and transfer the bacon fats leftover, or the so-called bacon grease, into a bowl, then reserve. Once the bacon has sat for a while, chop it into bits.
In a pot with water, put the eggs and allow them to boil. Once ready, remove it from the water and peel off its shells. This time, slice the eggs into thin portions and mash it together with salt, pepper, butter, and mayonnaise. Add half of the bacon grease, mix with the eggs, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
While chilling the egg mixture, start making the Guacamole avocado fat bombs by mashing the avocado. Mix it with butter and add the remaining half of the bacon grease. Add the cilantro, chili, onion, lime juice, and garlic, and mix it all together. Add salt and pepper to taste. For 30 minutes, chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
Once the mixtures have completely set and already firm, take them out from the fridge. Scoop out a spoonful of each mixture and mold them into spheres. Make about 6 balls of the avocado mixture and another 6 balls of the egg mixture.
After that, spread the toasted bacon bits on a plate and coat the balls with it.
Serve the fat bombs on a plate or in paper muffin cups for a more delightful meal. Enjoy!
Feel free to also check our other sweet fat bomb recipes:
- Chocolate Almond Butter Fat Bombs
- Lemon Cheesecake Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Bacon Egg and Avocado Savory Fat Bombs
For the Bacon Egg Fat Bombs
- Preheat your oven to 350°F while preparing the dish.
- Arrange the bacon slices on a baking sheet in a way that they don’t overlap. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until brown and crispy. Remove once cooked. Transfer the bacon grease (bacon fats leftover in the tray) to a bowl and reserve. Let the bacon sit for a few minutes then chop them into bits.
- Allow the eggs to boil in a pot filled with water. When ready, peel off the shells. Slice the eggs into thin portions and season well with salt, pepper, butter, and mayonnaise. Mix half of the bacon fat in the eggs as well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Start making the Guacamole avocado fat bombs while chilling the egg mixture. Mash the avocado and mix it with the butter. Add the remaining half of the bacon fat residue. Combine together with cilantro, chili, onion, lime juice, and garlic. Pepper and salt to your liking. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take out from the fridge when the mixtures set and firm. Scoop out a spoonful of the guacamole mixture and mold them into spheres. Do the same with the egg mixture. Create about 6 balls with the avocado mixture and another 6 balls with the egg mixture.
- Spread the toasted bacon bits on a plate. Coat the balls with the bits.
- Serve in a plate or in paper muffin cups for a prettier meal. Enjoy!