When talking about fat bombs on a keto diet, we often think about all the sweets such as chocolate and peanut butter. However, today we want to try something different. We want to make salty fat bombs with bacon, egg and avocado. These are great for snack too.
We made 2 different types of fat bombs. The first one is called Bacon & Egg Fat Bomb and the second one is called Bacon Guacamole Fat Bomb*.
For the bacon and egg fat bombs, as the name suggests, we use bacon, boiled egg, mayonnaise, butter and seasoning. You can use homemade mayonnaise for this.
For the guacamole fat bombs, we use avocado, bacon, butter, and seasoning.
You should produce 12 fat bombs altogether, 6 pieces of each type. It tastes best when eating immediately or you can store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
*Credit: This recipe is adapted from this recipe and this recipe by Martina from ketodietapp.com. She is the creator of the Keto Diet App which provides all the tools you need to plan and track your keto diet effectively. Also check her amazing cookbooks on Amazon such as Keto Slow Cooker & One-Pot Meals, Quick Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less, and The Beginner’s KetoDiet Cookbook which has over 100 delicious low-carb whole food recipes.
Feel free to also check our other sweet fat bomb recipes:
- Chocolate Almond Butter Fat Bombs
- Lemon Cheesecake Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Bacon Egg and Avocado Savory Fat Bombs
For the Bacon Egg Fat Bombs
For the Guacamole Fat Bombs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 avocado small
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp onion diced
- 1 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 small chili pepper finely chopped,(optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Let your oven preheat at 350°F while preparing the dish.
- Arrange the bacon slices on a baking sheet in a way that they don’t overlap. Leave in the oven for 10-15 minutes until brown and crispy. Remove once cooked. Transfer the bacon grease (bacon fats leftover in the tray) to a bowl and reserve. Let the bacon sit for a few minutes then chop them into bits.
- Allow the eggs to boil in a pot filled with water. When ready, peel off the shells. Slice the eggs into thin portions and season well with salt, pepper, butter, and mayonnaise. Mix half of the bacon fat in the eggs as well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Start making the Guacamole avocado fat bombs while chilling the egg mixture. Mash the avocado and mix it with the butter. Add the remaining half of the bacon fat residue. Combine together with cilantro, chili, onion, lime juice, and garlic. Pepper and salt to your liking. Leave in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Take out from the fridge when the mixtures set and firm. Scoop out a spoonful of the guacamole mixture and mold them into spheres. Do the same with the egg mixture. Create about 6 balls with the avocado mixture and another 6 balls with the egg mixture.
- Spread the toasted bacon bits on a plate. Coat the balls with the bits.
- Serve in a plate or in paper muffin cups for a prettier meal. Enjoy!