If you are looking for a dish that has it all, this is it. All the creaminess of the avocado, the crunchiness of the bacon and the lushness of a boiled egg stuffed inside.
This dish is packed with protein and will keep you full for a while. It is a great lunch option and it can be nicely paired with a salad. Just slice the avocado and serve it over the salad of your choice.
In this particular recipe, I used a smoker to add the wood flavor to the bacon and finished it on the grill to crisp up the bacon. Obviously, this a perfect addition to a barbecue meal. But this recipe can easily be made in the oven, starting with a low temperature (225°F) for about 40 minutes and changing the over setting to broil for another 10-15 min to make the bacon crispy.
I sprinkled barbecue seasoning on top (keto friendly) to make this fitting for a barbecue meal. When choosing seasoning, make sure it is gluten-free and clean with no junk such as MSG and sugar.
You can make your own BBQ rub by mixing a little bit of salt, pepper, spices, garlic, onion, paprika, and red pepper together.
You can also use any low carb dry seasoning of your preference such as taco seasoning or plain salt and pepper will do just fine. So, go give this recipe a try and you will see how fun and delicious it is.
This dish is high in calorie as you already know; egg, bacon, and avocado are high caloric foods. The recipe below is for 6 servings which is great for a weekend lunch with family and friends, or a meal prep for the whole week.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Keto Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos with Cream Cheese
[thrive_text_block color=”orange” headline=”Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plan + Weekly Recipes”] [thrive_optin color=”blue” text=”Send me!” optin=”55" size=”medium” layout=”horizontal”][/[/thrive_text_block]/p>
Bacon Wrapped Egg Stuffed Avocado
- 3 eggs
- 3 avocados medium size
- 1 lb thin sliced bacon
- a pinch BBQ Dry Seasoning keto friendly
- Toothpick to help build
- salt and pepper to taste
- For about 5 minutes, boil 3 pieces of eggs. The eggs must be hard enough to be peeled, but still soft and runny on the inside.
- After cooking, peel the eggs and reserve. Divide the avocados in half and remove the seed inside. Spoon the avocado around the pit just enough to fit the whole egg.
- Peel off the avocado skin and set the egg inside. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper to enhance the flavor.
- Put the half of the avocados on top of the other halves, sandwiching the egg in between. Prepare the bacon strips and wrap them around the avocados. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon in place.
- Prepare a wood smoker and set it to low, about 190°F. Transfer the avocados in the wood smoker and leave for 40 minutes until the bacon is cooked.
- Set a grill to high and place the avocados on it. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the bacon turns crispy and golden brown. Serve as an appetizer or with some side salad.