With the spring season coming our way, we are all concerned about coming back into shape after the long winter, and what is better than adding a new, fresh, healthy and quick salad into your daily meals.
Chicken itself is a quite delicious meat, and avocado, known as “the meat among fruits” is full of necessary spring vitamins. You can use boiled or roasted chicken breast. They both taste great!
Avocado and chicken salad is one of those easy and basic meals that allow you to improvise with dressing and extra ingredients. Just remember what famous chefs are saying about salads – best salads have no more than five components, anything on top of that just excludes each other’s tastes instead of complementing itself.
Just remember that the process of cooking is full of improvisation, so don’t be afraid of mixing new flavors and you will stumble on a new delicious discovery.
There is no mayo in this salad with chicken and avocado recipe. We prepared a very simple salad dressing by mixing lemon juice with olive oil, salt and pepper. However, you’re welcome to add 1-2 tbsp of homemade mayonnaise to enrich the taste.
[page_section color=’#2c3e50′ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’] [/page_section]
[thrive_headline_focus title=”Let’s Ketofy It!” orientation=”center”]
Hard boil the eggs. This should take around ten minutes. Let the eggs cool. Peel and quarter.
Fry the bacon until crispy and chop into bacon bits.
Peel and pit the avocado. Then, chop into small pieces.
In a large bowl, add the sliced avocado, eggs, and chicken. Add the bacon bits, dill, and green onion. Set the bowl aside.
In a small bowl, stir the olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Sprinkle this over the ingredients in the large bowl and toss the salad.
Watch how we prepare this:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken breasts shredded or chopped
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- 2 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chives chopped, or green onion
- 1 tsp Dill chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes or so. Make sure that they are hard boiled. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes before peeling the shells. Once done, slice in quarters.
- Crispy fry the bacon in a pan. Chop into small bits afterwards.
- Prepare the avocado. After peeling and pitting it, cut into small bite-sized pieces.
- Add the shredded chicken breast, sliced avocado, and quartered eggs in a large bowl. Top with the chopped green onion, bacon bits, and fresh dill. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing. Mix the lemon juice with olive oil, salt, and pepper and stir well. Sprinkle over the salad and toss together.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy!