Today we are making some low carb classic muffins. It’s super simple and easy to make using almond flour the #1 ingredient for baking recipes on keto.
This low carb dough can be used to make many things such as keto bread, muffins, bagels, cupcakes, etc…
You can also make many different types of keto muffins, sweet or savory, by adding extra ingredients and flavors such as vanilla, banana extract, chocolate chips, blueberries, sweetener, etc… There are just so many ways to experiment with this recipe!
Using egg whites is also important when you baking because they are what make those buns so soft and puffy. You know the egg whites are whipped correctly is when you hold a bowl with them upside down and it still sticks to the bowl.
Using egg yolk gives that shin, glazed appearance to your muffins.
This is the traditional low carb bread that can be used in practically anything; add ginger and its – Christmas special, keto cinnamon rolls are also based on this recipe, mix tomatoes, cheese, and olives and you’ll have Italian bread for bruschetta or guacamole.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl then add apple cider vinegar and water in. Mix well.
Whip egg whites until they form soft peaks and fold into the flour mixture.
You can divide the dough into 6 pieces for 6 muffins. The number and size will depend on the purpose (bread, buns, muffins, etc…). After that, place them in a baking tray.
Beat the egg yolk and brush on the top of the bread/muffin. Finally, sprinkle sesame seeds and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Keto Blueberry Muffins with Almond Meal and Flaxseed
- Spinach and Sausage Egg Muffin Cup
- Zucchini Breakfast Muffins
Classic Plain Keto Muffins
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp sesame
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl mix almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Add hot water and apple cider vinegar and mix until well combined.
- Beat egg whites and incorporate carefully into the dough mixture. Divide the mixture between 6 muffin cups and transfer to a baking tray.
- Beat the egg yolk and glaze each cup with it.
- Sprinkle sesame or flax seeds on top and bake for 30-40 minutes.