There are many different ways to eat eggs. You don’t have to boil or fry them all the time. Today we will show you how to make a delicious baked-egg muffin with pork sausage.
If you don’t have pork sausage, you can replace it with beef or chicken sausages, or just use turkey meat, chicken, ham, or bacon. This is a good option for your breakfast.
Make sure the sausages you choose have no fillers or added sugar and free from chemical additives.
We will be making 1 serving in a big muffin cup. Make sure your cup is oven-safe for baking. Don’t fill the cup full or it will overflow. You should be filling approximately 2/3 of the cup volume.
Since we’re only making 1 muffin, we will be using 2 eggs, 1 small sausage link, 1 tbsp cheese, and a little bit of spinach, tomato, green bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper for flavor.
If you want to make more servings, you can use a muffin tray that can have 6, 8, 12, or even 24 muffins and save the leftover for lunch for the next days. Just simply increase the amounts of ingredients.
You can store them in the fridge and heat it up when you want to eat or just simply eat it cold or at room temperature.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Spinach and Sausage Egg Bites
- 2 egg
- 1 link pork sausage chopped
- 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped spinach
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- Let your oven preheat at 350°F.
- Pan fry your sausage then chop into bits. Put aside for later.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat together with the spinach, tomato, bell pepper, onion, and cheese. Flavor with salt and black pepper. Whisk until incorporated.
- Coat a muffin cup with cooking spray. Add the egg mixture in. Garnish with chopped sausage on the surface.
- Bake for around 15 minutes before removing from the oven.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy warm.