I am a sucker for snacks. I am always looking for something to eat in between meals, because not only snacking is a habit ingrained in our society but I am also always on the go and really need something to keep me going until the next meal.
Low carb muffins with almond flour only will be very bland, so I added flaxseed meal, almond slices, almond butter, blueberry and egg for the delicious taste and texture.
These muffins are a great snack. They are loaded with healthy protein and fats and have a great amount of fiber and some lovely nutrients from the nuts and blueberries. You can double this recipe and keep these in the fridge for a week or 2 or even freeze it for around 3 months.
I like to freeze them and take them with me so I can eat it an hour or 2 later without worrying if they will keep well or not. You can modify this recipe in many ways changing the nuts and the nut milk/butter and using either raspberries or blackberries. You can substitute the olive oil with coconut oil and even add cocoa nibs or 85% chocolate chunks to make this more amazing.
These are indulging enough to be part of an afternoon break with coffee or tea or even go for dessert if you are looking for a treat. Don’t be surprised if your friends or family sneak on you and finish it all before you get a chance to eat them!
[page_section color=’#2c3e50′ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’] [/page_section]
[thrive_headline_focus title=”Let’s Ketofy It!” orientation=”center”]
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, beat two eggs and stevia for around 5 minutes until the mixture is light and airy.
Add the almond flour, baking powder, almond butter, almond milk, and flaxseed meal to the egg mixture. Pour the melted butter, vanilla extract, and olive oil next. Stir well.
Gently drop the blueberries and shaved almonds and fold into the mixture.
Prepare a cupcake tin and pour the batter. Top with the additional almonds.
Bake for approximately 17 minutes.
Remove from oven and enjoy!
Watch how we prepared this here:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Almond Blueberry Muffins
- While preheating the oven to 350°F, beat 2 eggs and Erythritol (or stevia) in a mixing bowl for around 5 minutes until the mixture becomes light and airy.
- Put the baking powder, almond flour, almond butter, almond milk, and the flaxseed meal in the egg mixture. Then pour the melted butter, the vanilla extract, and the olive oil. Stir the ingredients together.
- Gently drop the shaved almonds and fresh blueberries into the mixture and fold.
- Prepare a muffin or cupcake cooking pan and transfer the batter into it. Top with additional shaved almonds.
- Bake for around 17 minutes or wait until the muffins are cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.