If you are a lover of Asian food and you love Ramen noodles, this recipe is for you. Today we will be making a very simple and easy low carb ramen soup.
All you have to do is to replace noodles with zucchini (zoodles) to make it keto-friendly. If you are a fancy person, you can use a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles look good. Otherwise, you can just cut the zucchini into thin and long slices using a sharp knife and a cutting board.
If you don’t want to use zoodles, you can try Shirataki noodles (Miracle Noodles) instead.
This recipe is not designed to be complicated. We keep it really simple by just using the bare minimum ingredients to make it a quick and easy soup for lunch and dinner.
For meat, we use lean pork. You can try different cuts of pork meat such as tenderloin, belly, shoulder, etc… You can also use beef or chicken as well. It’s up to your liking and budget.
For the soup liquid, we simply use water. If you want to enhance it, try using bone broth such as chicken broth or beef broth.
For those who follow a strict keto diet, use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Easy Zucchini Pork Ramen Soup
- For the noodles, chop the zucchini into slivers then into julienne. Slice as finely as possible.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Pour in the olive oil and wait until heated. Sauté the diced pork with minced garlic, pepper, and salt, just enough to season the meat for 3 minutes.
- Pour some water or the broth, if available. Simmer for around 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Toss the zucchini slices into the pan together with the onion and soy sauce. Add more salt and pepper to adjust the flavor. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
- Best served hot with a boiled egg on the side. Enjoy!