Not only can you cook many types of meat in the Instant Pot, other types of fish such as salmon can also be cooked, too. Today we’re sharing with you our Instant Pot salmon recipe that is packed with rich flavors.
Aside from its impressive nutritional profile, salmon possesses one more valuable feature – it does not require a complicated cooking procedure. It just needs spices, high-quality seasonings, and a well-structured recipe. This is the one. Besides, you will appreciate the assistance of your instant pot.
Either fresh or frozen salmon will do. Just be sure your salmon comes from wild-caught or organic sources. This will ensure your fish is free from chemicals, food coloring, and other harmful ingredients that farm-raised fish sometimes contains.
Salmon is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties that help support heart and brain health.
Research shows that omega 3’s help decrease blood levels of triglycerides and reduce the risk of heart disease (1).
They also help repair the brain from damage and protect against brain aging by decreasing the risk of neurological and neurodegenerative disorders (2).
Omega 3 fatty acids are also helpful for reducing inflammation linked to autoimmune disorders.
One study found that reducing inflammatory markets that are present in a wide range of conditions that include ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, lupus, migraines, multiple sclerosis, and psoriasis may decrease the need for anti-inflammatory drugs (3).
The study also mentioned that omega 3’s may be beneficial for reducing inflammation linked to cancer, depression, coronary heart disease, and aging.
The salmon in our recipe is paired with a blend of herbs and healthy fats that include lemon, dill, oregano, olive oil, and butter.
These flavors are sure to give your fish that mouth-watering taste you desire while also providing healthy nutrients, such as antioxidants, monounsaturated fatty acids, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
The instant pot is incredibly easy to use. The controls are as simple as pushing the correct button and setting a timer. Just follow the recipe instructions and enjoy!
Serve this salmon with cauliflower rice, steamed broccoli, sauteed asparagus, or a side salad.
Let’s Do It!
Season the salmon with herbs, salt, and pepper.
Add ½ cup water into the instant pot and brush the steak rack with olive oil. Arrange the salmon filet on top with the skin side down.
Cut the butter into small pieces and put on top of the salmon. Add lemon slices on top, too.
Close the instant pot and set to pressure cook on manual for 3-4 minutes for fresh salmon and 5-6 minutes for frozen.
Serve with your favorite low-carb vegetables, cauliflower rice or side salad.
More low-carb salmon recipes you can try:
- Salmon Egg Avocado Salad
- Baked Salmon with Almond and Creamy Sauce
- Baked Salmon with Black Olives and Capers Tapenade
Instant Pot Salmon with Lemon Butter
- Season the salmon fillet with salt, pepper, and dry herbs.
- Pour ½ cup water into the instant pot. Brush or spray the steam rack with olive oil and arrange seasoned salmon fillet on top of rack skin side down.
- Cut the butter into ¼ inch pieces and place on top of salmon. Put lemon slices on top as well.
- Close the instant pot and turn the vent to sealing. Set to “pressure cook” on manual and adjust the time to 3-4 minutes on “high pressure” for fresh salmon or 5-6 minutes for frozen.
- When cooking is done, do a quick release and remove the rack with fillet. Transfer salmon to the plate and serve with lemon wedges. Feel free to add a side dish if you want.