This recipe combines pure olive oil with healthy garlic, rosemary, and lime juice to get the most out of your salmon steaks.
This basic fish marinade will work perfectly for every fish you’re preparing. It’s great for grilling, frying, or baking. Optionally, spread some of the marinade mixture over the fish before serving and enjoy!
If you have some time to spare, you might want to prepare a delicious homemade pesto for your salmon steaks. You’ll need:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted and crushed
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
Whisk together the ingredients until fully incorporated. Spread the mixture over salmon before serving.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Rinse the salmon well under cold running water. Pat with some kitchen towels to dry. Reserve.
Stir together the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl to make the marinade. Mix well to combine. Submerge the steaks in the mixture and cover the entire surface by scooping the marinade and spreading them on top of the salmon to coat completely. Leave in the fridge for half an hour.
Set the grill to medium-high heat to preheat. Strain the marinade and lay the salmon on the grill.
Let it grill for 3-4 minutes per side. When done, serve warm.
- Keto Baked Salmon with Almond and Creamy Sauce
- Baked Salmon with Black Olives and Capers Tapenade
- Keto Oven-Baked Salmon Fillet
Grilled Salmon Steak with Herbs
- Wash the salmon steaks under cold running water and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley, and lime juice. Mix until well incorporated and soak the steaks in this marinade. Using a spoon, coat well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat. Drain the steaks and place on a grill.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.