Here’s another easy, filling and delicious dinner recipe for your family. Even if they’re not on keto diet, they would still love this meal. You can grill this or bake it in the oven. You can also add a few mushrooms and red pepper just to give it a little more spice.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Wash the zucchini thoroughly with water. Place them on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, cut through the zucchini lengthwise. Remove the insides of the zucchini, including the pulp, to make an empty zucchini shell.
Spray the whole zucchini with 2 tablespoon of oil. Reserve the shells for later use.
Slice the bacon and the pulp into smaller bits.
Toss the bacon and pulp bits into a pan containing the rest of the oil. Sauté together with the onion and garlic. Adjust the flavor with pepper.
Brown the ingredients for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Scoop out the mixture with a spoon and stuff them inside the zucchini shells.
Cover the surface with the grated cheddar cheese and spring onion bits. Grill the stuffed zucchini shells over medium heat. Make sure to cover the pan. Leave for 8-10 minutes until the shells are tender enough and cooked well. Remove from the heat and enjoy warm.
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats With Ground Beef
- Keto Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas
- Keto Cheesy Steak Zucchini Boats
Grilled Stuffed Zucchini with Bacon
- 4 zucchini medium
- 5 tsp olive oil
- 200 g bacon
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 onion medium size, chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onion Finely chopped, optional
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Half the zucchini lengthwise. Empty the insides by scooping out the pulp.
- Coat the zucchini with 2 tsp of oil. Put aside for later.
- Chop the bacon and the pulp into small bits.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet before sautéing the onion, garlic, pulp, and bacon. Pepper to taste.
- Stir for about 2 minutes to cook or wait till golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add spoonfuls of the cooked mixture into the empty zucchini shells.
- Top with chopped spring onion and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Set the zucchinis over medium heat. Grill covered for around 8-10 minutes until the zucchini is tender to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate and enjoy.