These pieces of cloud bread are simply delicious with almost zero carb and high in protein. You can use it to make sandwich by adding smoked salmon, bacon, ham, avocado, lettuce, cheese, tomato or any filling of your choice.
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Also check out these other low carb bread recipes:
Cloud Bread Sandwich
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 1/2 tbsp cream cheese or whole milk cottage cheese
- Set the oven to 350°F to preheat.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Place the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another.
- Add the cream cheese in the egg yolks. Alternatively, use whole milk cottage cheese instead of cream cheese if preferred.
- Whisk the egg whites along with the cream of tartar. Whip at high speed until some peaks start to form and the mixture becomes fluffy enough.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture. Fold together until fully incorporated. Remember not to overmix as this will destroy the fluffiness of the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture to make 10 circular batters on the baking sheet.
- Leave to bake in the preheated oven. This may take around 15-20 minutes or until the bread is golden. Check on them occasionally to avoid burning.
- Take the baking sheet out from the oven and let stand to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start making the fillings for the bread. You can use avocado, fried bacon, salmon, or any other filling of your choice.
- Slice the bread in the middle and insert your fillings of choice.
- Enjoy in a plate with friends and family.