Cutlets are often a good choice if you don’t have lots of time and want to use the meat in your fridge to its fullest. There are several ways you can use them. You can make burgers, chop them, mix them with cheese and use them in keto tortillas, or even put them in a soup.
This is a basic but golden recipe that contains everything you will need daily for your ketogenic diet, including the number one meat to use in any recipe. Just mix the chicken with egg and melt the cheese of your choice in a bowl. Add a little bit of oil and seasonings and voila!
Besides Mozzarella, other types of cheese that you can use are Cheddar, Gruyère and Raclette (the last one works well a lot in zucchini noodles recipes).
Our recipe calls for almond flour. We recommend keeping a bulk bag on hand for all of your keto cooking needs. It’s a great gluten-free flour that tastes good, and is high in healthy fats and fiber.
You can also use coconut flour. Some people like to mix the two. Either will work in this recipe.
When adding flour to this dish, don’t put all of it in the mix. Save a little bit to sprinkle on the cutlets for a crunchy texture.
When forming those patties, sprinkle a little bit of oil on your utensils and hands so that the meat won’t stick. And try making small bite-sized pieces. This way, you will get full faster by eating less. Also, the small pieces look much more appealing on a plate of greens.
We use ground chicken (minced chicken) in this recipe. You can use chicken breast and chop it into fine pieces as well. Make sure your chicken is organic and free of antibiotics.
Don’t be scared to experiment and maybe add minced nuts or sesame seeds just to make the dish more sophisticated.
Let’s Do It!
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture and use your hand to form patties.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil (olive oil or coconut oil) in and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden or until cooked through.
- Keto Cauliflower Parmesan Cheese Patties
- Keto Chicken Broccoli Bacon Cheese Patties
- Avocado Breakfast Muffins
Keto Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- In a bowl, combine ground chicken, beaten egg, almond flour, cheese, dill and seasonings. Mix well until smooth.
- With a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and form patties.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the cutlets for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with some leafy greens and aioli or any other sauce of your choice.