You will never get bored on a keto diet. After all, there is a full list of foods you can eat. And if you love experimenting with them, you can cook many delicious dishes.
Today we will share with you a dish that is popular in Mexico. It’s called Keto Queso Flameado.
Cheese lovers will appreciate this dish. In our recipe, we use 2 types of cheese, but you can add another one or replace it with the one that you like more.
Cheese is a keto-friendly ingredient. It is rich in protein and fats and contains a small amount of carbohydrates.
Chicken meat is used in the dish which provides enough protein that is so necessary for our bodies to maintain and grow muscle after training.
If you don’t like chicken, then you can replace it with shrimp or other meat that you like without any problems.
You can also try to experiment with different flavorings. This dish will look very impressive on the festive table. It can be served to your guests with some low carb toasts. Relax and enjoy your efforts. Bon Appetit!
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Queso Flameado
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Mix cheese with cooked and shredded/diced chicken in a baking dish then bake for 20 minutes or until melted.
Optional step: Just before serving, pour high-proof alcohol on top, set the fire and let the liquor burn off.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy! Serve with a low carb salad, leafy greens or some slices of keto bread.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Baked Coconut Chicken Tenders with Flaxseeds
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Keto Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- Low Carb Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Keto Mexican Pizza
Keto Chicken Queso Flameado
- 2/3 cup asadero cheese shredded, or Colby Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2/3 cup chicken meat cooked and diced
- 1 tsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 oz high-proof alcohol optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a cast iron skillet/casserole dish combine chicken and cheeses and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Just before serving, pour the alcohol on top, light the fire and let the alcohol burn off (optional).
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!