Inventing new flavors is something that will enhance your palate and open your eyes to how ingredients can work in different ways.
The idea of basil infused pancakes came from experimenting with low carb flours and thinking of how pancakes can fit more than just the sweet breakfast treat they are. Using basil, an extremely aromatic herb, makes this recipe a delicious idea for many others to come.
The same way as you see infused pastas and wraps, this recipe can be made with spinach or sun-dried tomatoes.
These pancakes can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for a couple of days. All you need to do is pop it into a panini maker or a toaster and add any toppings of your preference such as bacon, shrimp, smoked salmon, etc…
It’s the perfect quick solution for breakfast or lunch, trust me you will not regret trying it!
Watch how we prepared this here:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
[thrive_text_block color=”orange” headline=”Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plan + Weekly Recipes”] [thrive_optin color=”blue” text=”Send me!” optin=”55″ size=”medium” layout=”horizontal”][/thrive_text_block]
Basil Savory Keto Pancakes
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil to fry the pancakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- Prepare the basil leaves and steam in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Drop the basil leaves in a blender and pour in ½ cup of water. Blend well. Transfer to a mixing bowl together with the remaining ingredients such as almond flour, eggs, flaxseed meal, olive oil, baking soda, baking powder. Mix them together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan. Pour in a decent amount of the pancake batter and fry for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with your favorite topping and serve.