Keto Strawberry and Blackberry Popsicles
Spring is here and with the warm weather comes ice cream and popsicles. I believe that popsicles are all about the fun and it is one of those items that you eat with your eyes first. I like this recipe because it will make really bright color fun popsicles.
A popsicle, as known as ice pop, is a water-based frozen snack. To make it low carb, sugar-free and keto-friendly, we replace sugar with powdered stevia blend. You can try other keto sweeteners of your choice.
The mixture of strawberries and blackberries makes for a really dark red color that just pops! Besides looking beautiful, these popsicles have a creamy texture from the whipping cream and a slight tartness from the lemon zests. The flavors are very refreshing!
If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can use ice cube trays. When they are ready, remove from the tray and keep it in the freezer on Ziplock bags. You can then just remove a couple of popsicle cubes from the freezer and drizzle a little of the red sauce over it.
Talking about this red sauce. When making this recipe, we left a little of the strawberry blackberry syrup out to drizzle over it. You can keep this in the fridge for a week or two and make your treat so much better. Everyone will love it!
If you want a dairy-free option, simply replace whipping cream with coconut cream.
Let's Ketofy It!
Add the blackberries, strawberries, and stevia blend (or erythritol) to a cooking pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until the fruits begin to soften and a syrup forms on the bottom of the pan.
Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes. Once the mixture is completely cooled, pour into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
With a mixer, beat the whipping cream and vanilla extract for about two minutes until it begins to firm.
Pour the fruit into the whipping cream mixture. Fold gently with a spatula until well-combined.
Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds and freeze for at least 3 hours.
Once frozen, remove from molds and serve cold. These keep well in the freezer!
Watch how we prepared this here:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Keto Avocado Ice Cream Bars with Coconut and Brazil Nuts
- Keto Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Keto Sugar Free Coconut Ice Cream
Strawberry and Blackberry Popsicles
- Prepare a cooking pan and put in the blackberries, strawberries, and stevia blend. Place on top of the stove and cook for about 5 minutes until a syrup is produced on the bottom of the pan and the fruits start to soften.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes. Once the mixture cools down completely, transfer to a blender and blend until it smoothens. Set aside.
- Beat the whipping cream and vanilla extract together using a mixer. Beat for about 2 minutes until the mixture firms.
- Pour the blended fruits to the whipping cream mixture and fold gently using a spatula. Combine the two mixtures thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to some popsicle molds. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- When the popsicles are frozen, remove from the molds and serve cold. You can keep them in the freezer for a couple of months and enjoy anytime.