Stracciatella, or Stracciatella alla romana, is a soup from Italy. It includes meat broth and small shreds made from beaten egg mixture. It is prepared by lightly pouring the mixture egg into boiling meat broth and keep stirring until it is cooked.
For our keto Stracciatella Soup, we will be using chicken broth as the base, then adding egg, spinach and Parmesan cheese with a touch of basil and parsley. The texture will look incredible.
This is an easy Italian soup recipe that you will love, especially in those cold winter days.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup spinach cut in thin strips
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Let the broth boil in a large pot while mincing the parsley and spinach.
- Crack the eggs in a small cup and beat until smooth. Pour in the pot with the broth while stirring continuously so the egg will not linger in a single spot.
- Continue stirring as you combine the grated cheese into the mixture. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Adjust the seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper. Best served hot.