If you love eggplant, you will want to try this keto baked stuffed eggplant recipe. This will be a great salad for lunch or a side dish for a perfect dinner with grilled chicken or steak.
I sliced the eggplant then seasoned it with olive oil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper, then stuffed it with cheese and tomato slices and baked it in the oven.
If you want to reduce the bitter taste of eggplant, slice it and salt it well for about 2 hours. This would release its bitterness. Wash it off with water once you are ready to cook it.
How to Make Low Carb Bake Stuffed Eggplants
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Slice the eggplant lengthwise without cutting all the way through, resembling an open deck of cards.
In a bowl, combine minced garlic, chopped parsley, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Generously brush the mixture onto each eggplant slice.
Insert slices of cheese and tomato between the eggplant cuts.
Place the stuffed eggplant on a baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender. Cooking time may vary based on the size of the eggplant.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve on a plate. Enjoy!
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Baked Stuffed Eggplant with Cheese
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise, from bottom to stem but do not slice all the way through. The outcome should look like an open deck of cards.
- Mince the garlic and parsley into fine bits. Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil while seasoning with pepper, salt, and oregano.
- Brush the finished mixture onto the eggplant slices. Make sure to cover each.
- Cut the cheese and tomato into lean slices. Insert these between the eggplant.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and bake the stuffed eggplant for half an hour or so. Cooking time will depend on the size of the eggplant.
- Remove from the oven once cooked. Enjoy on a plate!
Do you leave the skin on eggplant when you bake it?
Yes, you can leave the skin on the eggplant when baking, as it helps retain its shape and adds texture. However, some prefer to peel it for a softer texture.
Is eggplant good for keto diet?
Yes, eggplant is keto-friendly as it is low in carbs and can be incorporated into various stir-fry and baked keto dishes.
How many net carbs are in eggplant?
Eggplant contains approximately 3 grams of net carbs per 100 grams. (*)
How to reheat stuffed eggplant
To reheat stuffed eggplant, place it in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.